28 • it's in your nature

"What?"

Donghyuck averted his eyes again. He knew this was a bad idea and that Mark didn't reciprocate the feelings.

He felt dumb. So so so dumb for letting this happen. It was humiliating really, and he couldn't sit here much longer.

"I said it. Make fun of me however much you like, Mark, because I know it's stupid too," Donghyuck chuckled bitterly, standing up. "I'm sorry that I read our friendship wrong."
With that, he spared one more glance to the older boy and turned away, mostly to hide his watery eyes and another because he genuinely could not be in his presence much longer.

Mark was watching the latter with wide eyes, his every move was seen by him, so when Donghyuck finally left, he didn't know why he didn't stop him. He didn't know why he didn't say anything.

Especially because he himself was going to tell Donghyuck the same; he even asked Yuta for help-

Mark froze.

"Hyung, I just don't know how to do it," Mark whined.

"Idiot, grow some balls and talked to him," Yuta replied, rolling his eyes causing them both to erupt in fits of laughter.

"It's easier said than done. You've probably never been in love before okay?" Mark sighed.

Yuta raised an eyebrow. "And why do you think that?" he queried, rolling onto his side to face Mark.

"Uh, maybe because I've never seen you with anybody?"

Yuta shook his head, and gestured for Mark to come closer. "I love someone with my entire heart, and when I was confessing to him, I was even worse than you because god, he was the most amazing person I've met in my life. Why do you think I wear so many rings?" he grinned, lifting his arm up and showing his hand to the boy, adorned in a variety of silver, gold and crystal rings.

"He tells me to wear them on every finger so nobody else can take me," he laughs, and his arms falls onto Mark's side, patting it.

"Where is he?" The younger asks, as Yuta's hand returns to his own side. For some reason, he can feel eyes on him, but he shrugs it off for the time being.

"In China," Yuta frowns. "He left to complete his dance major because it was in China, but he'll be coming back soon, and I've never been happier," he grins.

Mark places his own hand on Yuta's side, rubbing it affectionately. "You have some patience. I can't go a day without seeing Hyuck anymore-"

"Nothing hyung, sorry to disturb the practice."

Mark lifted his head up to see Doyoung tilting his head, and then Donghyuck leaving the room with a gentle bang.

"Hyung? Where did he go?" Mark asked, getting to his feet.

"I don't know," Doyoung sighed. "But he looked quite upset."

Mark frowned in confusion. What happened?

"Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck I'm so fucking dumb."

He let himself sink into the ground, digging his hands into his hair, gripping it in frustration. "He saw Yuta and I," he groaned, and winced at remembering the younger's watery eyes before he left.

"Donghyuck..." he sighed weakly, although he knew it was fruitless after seeing the said male disappear around the corner of the building.

"Mark?" a voice called out from behind him.

He jerked up at the sudden presence and spun around to find Jungwoo looking down at him.

Scrambling to his feet, he greeted the boy who returned it with a warm smile, "What are you doing here?" he asked, sitting down on the seat beside him, gesturing for the younger to do the same.

"I messed up. So bad."

Jungwoo hitched an eyebrow. "Is that why Hyuck left during rehearsal?" he asked again, concern lacing his voice.

"Yeah, he saw something but misinterpreted it, and then confessed to me but I was so shocked I didn't say anything," he groaned. "I feel like a fucking idiot."

The elder rolled his eyes. "It's not all your fault. He should've heard you out but he's impatient and jumps to conclusions a lot," Jungwoo sighed. "But the worst thing to do is give him space right now. A lot of people say to leave him but in this condition, it's worse okay?" he explained, rubbing the younger's back.

"What do you mean?" Mark queried, tilting his head.

Jungwoo sighed. "You should be getting your ass up and chasing after that boy if you care about him."

And just when he thought he couldn't get any dumber, of course Jungwoo had to enlighten him.

"So-"

"What are you doing?! He might've gotten into his car by now you dumbass!" the elder yelled, pushing Mark off the bench.

"I'm going I'm going! Thank you Hyung!" he called back, running towards the door and turning around the corner as fast as his legs could carry him.

He raced past the corridors of the building, skipping five stairs at a time down the staircase and past the reception. Without further delay, he scanned his card and shoved the door open to the car park, letting a shaky gasp of relief out as he saw the younger heading to his car.

"Lee Donghyuck!" he screeched, using the last of his energy to sprint to the boy, who had his hand on the car door.

The said male flinched and paused his actions, lifting his head to find the owner of the voice. However it was only to find a certain raven-haired boy come to an abrupt halt upon reaching the car.

"Mark, I'm really not in the-"

Whatever he was going to say was cut off by the latter's lips placed on his own, a hand coming to the small of a Donghyuck's back and pushing him closer to Mark. He could feel the older's heart thrumming wildly in his chest, but was sure that his was the same.

Although he had some sort of sense and decency to push the talker away with a slight shortage of oxygen.

"Wait, no- why are you doing this?" Donghyuck let out, exasperated.

"You misinterpreted the situation up there. I wasn't doing anything with Yuta-"

"How does this have anything to do with me?"

"-I was actually asking him advice on how to confess to you," Mark sighed dejectedly, hanging his head. "But you beat me to it and I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't speak for a solid minute."

The taller boy could see Donghyuck's dilated pupils, and he couldn't help but grin, satisfied that he managed to say everything.

"Huh?" Was all that came out from his mouth.

Mark laughed. "Basically, I'm in love with you too. Have been since the day we met probably. Your eyes were so beautiful, your entire aura was so beautiful and still is, your skin looks so delicious and your thighs are amazing but your a-"

"That's enough!" the younger's shrieks, smacking his hand over Mark's mouth with flushed cheeks.

The other went into a fit of laughter, and brought down the younger's mouth, a smile plastered on his face.

He also caught the way Donghyuck's lips turned up at the ends slightly, the way his eyes twinkled with happiness and the way it was directed fully towards Mark.

Yeah, he was sure that he wouldn't be so whipped for anyone else, so he locked their eyes together, and brought the younger's hand into his own. If this feeling he has bubbling up inside of him isn't love, he doesn't know what is.

So he says it. And he's never been so sure of something in his life.

"But yeah," he continues. "I guess I'm fucking in love with you too."