13 • let it burn to an ash

The time passed quite well, the four talking in an animated chatter as the day went on. They ordered some boba tea and some cake to eat alongside of it, and Mark was getting along with the two quite easily. This was up until...

The other two boys aside from Donghyuck and Mark we're slowly leaving the group conversation for their private one. It was quite amusing to see how desperate Hyunjin was getting for Jeongin's attention but the poor boy was oblivious. Anyone could see the need in the taller's eyes- everyone apart from Jeongin himself, of course who was just talking about his favourite song about sharks or something. It was after a bit when the younger really wanted to eat a bit of Donghyuck's bit of cake, which was red velvet cake and he only got vanilla :(

Anyways, in order to get the cake, he had to lean over his 'best friend' as Mark stopped Donghyuck from passing it himself, wanting to see the scene.

So, Jeongin reached over, a bit too far actually and fell right into Hyunjin's lap. The older, snapping out of his little daydream about the younger widened his eyes, flushing a bright red as he caught onto his boyfr- friend's waist, but his grip slipped and his sorry ass landed right onto Hyunjin.

Who unfortunately let out a small groan.

The other two gaped, but Jeongin still being oblivious, attempted to get the cake once more, wiggling around out of the boy's grip.

Which only grasped tighter around his small waist.

"Stop. Moving."

It took a few seconds for the pink-haired to catch up with what was happening, and he let out a small yelp at something prodded him.

"We'll see you later," Hyunjin deadpanned, standing up as he lifted the younger with him who wrapped his legs around the older's waist, laughing madly at him being so embarrassed.

"Shut up idiot, you did this," the latter pouted, smacking his ass as they walked out discreetly.

"They're so cute!" Donghyuck squealed, watching the pair giggle as they left. He envied their relationship. It was so wholesome and you could see the love that connected them, whether one dumbass was oblivious to it or not.

When he didn't get a response, he turned back round to the table where he was now left with Mark.

But now Mark was just staring at him, watching the boy with something in his eyes that Hyuck couldn't pinpoint.

"Mark?" he asked, clicking his finger infront of the older's face.

No response.

"Mark!"

"aH!"

Mark jumped from his seat slightly.

"You keep staring at me," Donghyuck frowned. "Is there something on my face?"

He coughed. "Beauty," he coughed again.

"What?"

"Nothing!" Mark screeched a little too loudly.

"Uh okay," He questioned, sort of.

Mark mentally facepalmed at his behaviour. Usually he was an outgoing, social person but when it came to a certain fan of his, he doesn't know what happens to all of that. But he was determined to get it back. Sooner or later.

"In all seriousness though, how is it like to be an idol?" The younger asked, leaning forwards with his chin in the palms of his hands.

Mark had to think about it. Obviously, without a doubt there were so many supporting people, just like Donghyuck but he couldn't act as if he hadn't seen some tweets whilst he was debuting, even now.

Donghyuck could sense the apprehension on his face.

"It's not easy, is it?"

Mark sighed, leaning back in his seat.
"I'm so so so grateful, but I mean, everyone else is so talented, and have been in groups before, I- I just kinda feel like the odd one out- They treat me amazingly no doubt about it, but I don't know, some people online just like to express the truth, I guess."

Donghyuck held a frown on his melanin face.

"I'm not going to say that I understand, because I don't. But I will help you get that negativity out of the way because, fuck. Mark I don't think you realise but this whole time my hearts been going like-" he brought his hand up inside his shirt and started to dart it around everywhere. "I'm literally talking, sitting and chilling with a celebrity. The celebrity that I've looked up to for quite a while and now that he's infront of me? Ask Renjun, I've watched every single fan cam of yours, your predebut tracks and mixtapes, I own basically all of your merch and to be here, to be your friend is a blessing from god."

When he finished his small speech, he looked back to find Mark gaping. He had a bright pink tint concealing his cheeks and a small tug playing on the end of his lips.

"Thank you," he mumbled, his head falling as the blush increased, a wide smile on his lips.

That speech alone warmed the older's heart, a way that he'd never felt before so he couldn't really help when he clasped his hands around Donghyuck's,  pulled him closer to his face and pecked his cheek.

"I really appreciate that."

Now it was the younger's turn to smile and blush rapidly.

"And now I got kissed by the Mark Lee too, wow I'm living the y/n life aren't I," Hyuck flushed, grinning from ear to ear.

"Yes indeed you are," the dark-haired smiled, but then leaned in closely, his warm breath hitting the nape of Donghyuck's neck, causing him to shudder. "But that's not all I can do-"

"Okay!" the younger yelped, pushing Mark back and stumbling off his chair, his face crimson.

The rapper let out a loud laugh at his flustered state and went to help him up, pulling him to his feet.

"Don't do that again, asshole," Hyuck threatened, but really it was just adorable in Mark's eyes so he leant down and booped the other's nose.

"We'll see about that, but for now, no promises."