Chapter 7

Sage Miller above

Can't stop - Justin Timberlake

Evernly

Maybe it's because I never ever smile this freely but my aching face makes me reconsider ever smiling, because I tell you I've done a year worth of exercise. That's what my face is suggesting.

I've been staring at my phone for five minutes now, even with so many cracks I can still see the text. I've had many crushes before but this is the first crush I've actually interacted with, much less talk to.

"You're scaring me" I look up to see Sage looking at me as if I've grown two heads. I might as well have because this, my face is a sight to see because I never truly smile. "Eve, you alright?" He asks

"Yep, fine" I reply fast, way to fast still drooling over a text. You have to reply some time soon. My subconscious reminds me. Oh right, I don't even know what to write. The only person I text with, is Sage and we always skip the 'how are you' unless it's deemed worthy. None the less I settle for a Hello. Seconds later I receive a text.

How's My Angel doing - H

Angel, he called me angel. I almost scream out of excitement. And all of a sudden I want to attend the party.

She's good. How are you - E

Am wounded. I need some loving - H

I ignore the that text since I have a new mission

So the party, am I still invited? - E

You want to come - H

I can sense the surprise in his text. He's been inviting me all week with no luck. I read the text again. Suddenly my perverted mind takes over while typing my response.

I would love for you to make me come - E

Just ask I'll give it to you Angel - H

I read his text then mine. Right now I wish the ground would swallow me whole. I sink in the couch, embarrassment filling my inside.

Text me the address. I'll pick you up at 8 - H

I think he saw I didn't mean to write that am glad he didn't dwell on it but now am nervous about seeing him, will he bring up the text. None the less I text him my address then tell Sage about the party before hand.

****

It's 7:49pm. Am done and it's not like it took me forever since I don't wear make up. And I didn't change ten time looking for the perfect outfit. I didn't change my hairstyle seven times nor did I hair dry them three times. Totally didn't do that. Am not nervous at all.

"if you weren't my sister, I'd say you look hot" Sage state leaning against the door frame

"I am hot" I say maintaining eye contact with him

"Am glad you're getting out of your comfort zone sis. Am very proud, you know" he say and the mood turn from playful to sappy

"So am I Sage, so am I" I reply looking down. Only Sage know how hard my life has been and how much effort this took me. What he doesn't know is that, it took a boy well a man to make me wanna step out of my comfort zone but I don't tell him that.