Chapter 32

Roads Untraveled - Linkin Park

Weep not for roads Untraveled

Harry Harold Styles

After I told the cartel about the infiltrator the cops stationed on their cartel I thought they'd beat him up and send him back to police station. God damn I was so naive as shit.

They made me watch as they torture him slowly till he died. The images still haunts me at night. The screams I won't forget. I was sixteen, listening to a full grown man beg for his life.

You can't watch people murdering a man in cold blood and still sleep like a baby at night. Now you know why it's hard for me to fall asleep. I can block the images when I'm awake but I can't stop the nightmares.

At that time, my mischief seem so innocent. I seem so innocent before that moment. The time I caused my fifth grade Italian teacher a heart attack seem like child's play compared to what they do or burning the football pitch. I looked like an angel compared to them.

From that day on, life changed for me. I became colder by the day and more cruel. I started shutting down my emotions. Probably why I couldn't like Vicenta the way she wanted and ended up committing suicide.

I must say that was a wake up call and that's why I won't make the same mistake with Evernly.

At first the cartel members didn't except me but it didn't matter because I had the blessing from the big boss. People envied the sixteen year old who ate at the same table with the big bad boss.

After I got used to the killing, I actually enjoyed it. When they came and asked for my help, it fueled my ego. I was sixteen and each time they asked for help my head grew bigger.

Now to tell you what exactly the cartel did. Sure they were in the drug trade business, that's obvious. But that's not all, everything that starts with illegal they were in on it. Illegal racing, street fighting, hijacking cars, robbing banks. You name it and my job was to keep them invisible and I earned the name Fairy God Father.

Four months after I witnessed the cartel kill the cop. Dimitri, the leader and big brother of the Casias cartel was busted. Drug houses were raided and merchandise were seized, guns and cars were confiscated. The cartel was basically dead.

A month after that Vicenta killed herself. Things were screwed up bad. The cartel lost territories and the Mexican cartels wouldn't supply the Casias cartel anymore. Basically they had no suppliers and no suppliers no merchandise, no merchandise no money coming in. And men left the cartel obviously.

With Dimitri in jail, Salvador had to take over and rebuild their empire. With my smart and hacking skills and of course the help of the cops. And of course they didn't know they were helping a cartel.

Anonymously, I took down the competition by supplying the cops with information and evidence about the competition and the police shut down the other cartels.

After that we raided the police storage where they keep all the seized drugs and money. We took everything and rebuild the cartel back to its glory. I was in content with my life. I had found a place where I belonged. I finally had something I very had, a family in the Casias cartel.

Now to why I left New York. About this year May, things were going south for me. Things in the cartel were great but at home things were horrible. I was back to being messed up in the head again.