Chapter 11

Wild things - Alessia Cara

Evernly

They say knowing, is better than wondering. Waking, is better than sleeping. And even the biggest failure, even the worst, most intractable mistakes beats the hell out of never tried.

I did try, I opened up didn't I? Where did that got me? Shove against lockers, that's where. Am their topic today, the whole school knows me. I don't know what the hell I was thinking,  I should've stayed in my lane, keeping my head down.

It's strange how the same thing can make you feel so right, so in content with your life but also bring you so much pain and sorrow.

Am exaggerating ain't I? Am overreacting, I tend to do that. It's just when you loose everything but control. You practice it like a religion. That was knew to me. The whispers in the hallway, the looks. It freaks me out.

I should go find him and apologise for my crude behaviour. No, I can't. For all I know he's the reason Mandy hates me. She's jealous of me I know that much. I saw her in her eyes. He probably slept with her now she's bitter. I won't apologise.

The bell rings, signalling the end of my free period.

My phone vibrate in my hand. I look at the caller ID, am see that it's Harry. I should've known he'd call but I didn't think he'd call this early. It's been barely a full minute.

I turn a corner too fast and collide with a person,  more like a chest. My phone flying out of my hand.

Nothing cliché about the moment because I fall down on my butt. "Oh fuck" I exclaims, feeling extreme pain in my butt. I look at my phone it's completely destroyed.

Fucken Harry, ruining yet another thing for me. If he didn't call I wouldn't have looked at my phone, I wouldn't have crashed into someone, my phone will still be alright, as alright as it can be, in my hand.

I look at the person I just crushed into. Holy popsicle on a cracker, I crushed into my ex-crush with Zac. I blink a few times. He looks more handsome up close. I bite my lip.

With his All-American looks, the bright blue eyes, sharp jaws, the short blond hair. I could see his tattoos peaking in his neck and his hands. Did I mention how much I love tattoos. No wonder he was my first crush. I wouldn't mind if he became my first kiss then we'll go to prom, get married, buy a two storey house, and have three kids.

"Are you alright" he asks, I blink once, twice, concern evident in his face and voice but then he's Mason King, the master manipulators, I nod at him and he nod back giving me his hand to help me get up. I ignore his hand and stand up by myself.

I mumble a sorry getting out of his way. I don't need to be on his company more than I have to. God knows how much of a manipulator he is. I don't want to be stuck in his game.
I enter the first washroom I can find, I get in the first stall, locking it and sitting Indian style on top of the toilet sit.

I mourn my phone, am officially phoneless, the most painful thing I mourn for, is my playlist, I spent so much time working on. Another thing I've lost. A tear roll down my left cheek. I quickly wipe it away, refusing to cry.

I guess am skipping class. I hear multiple foot steps enter the bathroom. I count it to be three people. I eavesdrop on their conversation as they stroll in the toilet. One girl enter a stall leaving the other girls to touch up their make up, I think.