Chapter 39

Shawn Mendes - This is what it takes

And if this is what it takes,
Let me be the one to bear the pain
Oh! If this is what it takes,
I'll break down this walls that are in our way.

Harry Styles

When Kevin called, this isn't what I expected to find. I don't really know what I expected but it's definitely not this. It's was fucking weird getting a call from Kevin saying I should get my girlfriend and it's an emergency.

My life is a true shit storm. A fucking rollercoaster which doesn't wanna end. I should be worried about fucking Kittie again not why is she bleeding.

When she asked me to drop her off at her house I didn't want to. I understand that she wanted to spend time with her brother, actually no I don't understand but I let her. I should've fucking pushed more.  I can't help but think that if I didn't let her go home she'd be fine right now and I'd be buried inside her not standing here not knowing what to fucking say.

I feel so fucking guilty that she was getting beaten while I was with another girl. It's not that I cheated on her but after I dropped Kittie I got a call from Bella that Eva wanted to see me. I would never cheat, It doesn't even cross my mind. But I feel guilty that I was okay having fun with someone else and she was not okay. I have no fucking idea what fucking happened and I need a fucking answer.

I stand near the porch rooted in my position. I have been here for five seconds and so much has went through my head that I think I'm going to be sick. I feel so light headed. Suddenly Sage stand up and walk towards me. He's also covered in blood.

What the fuck happened?

"Please go with her." He begs. No hello, no threat. Nothing. If my head wasn't spinning I'd find this situation amusing. I never thought I'd hear the day Sage beg me. The dude hates my gut. Not that I really care.

"What the fuck happened to her?" I boom pointing at Eve. My scowl deep. He looks back but not at Eve more like the door. Since I arrived, he's been glancing at the door like he expects someone to walk out. Who he's terrified of.

My blood boils as I think of the person who hurt my Kittie still inside breathing. Alive.

"Take her. Go. Far away from here... I'll catch up with you... I'll find my way to you." He mumble like a crazy person looking at the door again.

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what the fuck is going on here." I almost shout making both Sage and Eve flinch. My mind goes to the door.

"Please take her... I have something to take care of first. She needs to get out of here."

My eyes follow Sage's head. I'm so fed up with this mystery. I fucking hate mystery. I step aside ready to walk inside the house but Sage is quick to block me by grabbing my arms. I feel Sage ridiculously shaking. I jerk away my arms and step back. Whatever is inside has him shaking crazy. This keeps getting stranger by the second.

"Please. Take her." He whisper. Confused I nod. Sage takes her sister's arm and help her up. She looks like the old Evernly. The one who moved like a robot, had the perfect smile and her walls up. All in all, she was face. And this one walking towards me have her walls built up higher than before. She portrays no emotions. Nothing. Like a robot.