Chapter 21

Some you loved - Lewis Capaldi.

Alora Claire Travinio

I've been told that the first few seconds of waking up after a night out are always the worst. That it all comes down to ten seconds.

The first five seconds are made of total oblivion and confusion. You don't remember that your liver took one hell of a blow and you think today is like any other day.

The other five aren't as enjoyable. They are slightly less pleasant, consisting of 'holy fuck my head hurts' and 'oh shit. I drank twice my body wait last night'.

That would've been the case with me but I'm no normal teen. I don't drink twice my body weight, I drink a whole brewery a night.

I don't remember the last time I went to bed sober. I don't remember the last time I was fully sober. And if course it looks bad cause I'm a female.

I've been drinking since I was twelve. You become corrupt when you're friends are your twin and his trouble best friend who sells cigarettes in church not because they need money but because they are just bad.

I believe everyone has something to numb or memories to forget but some choose to deal with it and move on. But how do I move on when the reminder is always staring at you.

I use to drink to forget, to numb my aching heart but that can work out for so long. Now I drink to escape, to be carefree. I have issues, I know. But I don't know how to deal with them.

I lean against the wall on top of the stairs. I make sure to stay out of view like I do every night. I eavesdrop on Father and Linkin. This is as close as I am to Father. This is as close I can hear Father caring about something and it's never me.

It has never been me. It has always never been me. From back when Mother was living, they've never cared. It's always Linkin. Even if what they always talk about is business, it's a relationship I don't have with Father.

I don't hate Linkin. He's the only person who shows little care about my existence. But sometimes I wonder, if he never existed, will I be the one who gets all the attention.

"On the weekend you'll be at the site." Father orders. I continue to listen in envy. Father never spare a glance in my direction.

"Yes Father." Linkin replies in a monotone voice.

"How is school?"

"School is fine."

"Good. Are your grades still up."

"Yes Father."

"That's good." He concludes his interrogation just like every night.

Today I had the hope that he'll finally ask about me but my hopes where crashed. A tear slide down my cheek. I don't bother correcting him. Just like everytime, everything is about Linkin.

Soon enough, more tears falls down. I walk to my room and drop down to my knees the moment I close the door. I cry till my eyes can't produce more tears.

A maid walks in before I get a chance to collect myself. She doesn't spare me a glance. Even to the fucking maids I'm trash. She leaves the tray with my dinner and make her way to the door.

I pull nyself together and touch my make up. I eat dinner and grab my car keys ready to sneak out. I stop by my closet, I take a white fur coat. September is chilly.

I grab my heels and tip toe to the front door with my other hand grabbing my car keys and silver clutch.

I'm not ready to face Linkin's disappointed and disapproving face. If Mr Perfect catches me sneaking out on a school night...... I've had enough for a week.