Chapter 24

Something big - Shawn Mendes

Evernly

I connect my phone on the speakers. I play the only song that talks to me lately. It's as if Queen B herself wrote it for me. She was like 'I'm dedicating this song to you, Evernly.' Because I have no words to explain my life right now but this song does just that.

Remember those walls I built
Well, baby, they're tumbling down.
And they didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make a sound.

If you told me three months ago that I'll break and get myself a boyfriend, I would've laugh and maybe call the looney bin to come get you because at that time I had no intention of dating.

But then Harry came along and took me by a storm. He watched me break every rule I had.

I found a way to let you won

But I didn’t put up a fight. I surrendered to him.

But I never really had a doubt
Standing in the light of your halo
I got my angel now
It's like I've been awaken

I am awaken.

Every rule I had to break it
It's the risk that I'm taking
I ain't never gonna shut you out
Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my savings grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your fa-

Suddenly my music is cut. I walk to the living room to look at what's wrong.

I see Sage holding my phone, waving it around.

"You've been listening to this song for what? Two weeks." He asks rhetorically.

Hey don't judge me. The song bless and nourish my soul  okay.

"I like the song okay." I defend. He rolls his eyes.

"Oh please don't think I don't know you or that this song is about that jerk." He hardens the word 'jerk'. "I do listen to the lyrics you know."

My face heat up. Sage knows me, what did I think? He wouldn't catch on? This is Sage, he's Mr know-it-all.

"Am I'm very tired of listening to this one song. Two weeks is too much don't you think. You can play it when am not around."

He puts my phone on the coffee table and sit down on the couch.

"So when are we leaving to watch the finals." He asks in a monotone voice.

"We?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

Today it's the finals. It's marks so many things but the most important is that Harry and I have been dating for 15 days. Fifteen days can you believe it.

The other important thing is knowing if Raiders will rein supreme or will Guilliver prep be undefeated.

Raiders is our teams name by the way. It applies to every sports team in school.  Basketball, baseball, swimming, you name it. They all have the same name.