Chapter 31

Vote for the story.

Talk - Khalid

Zachary Blade Stone

I enter the small diner. It is a respectable diner I'll give it that but my sister is not fit to work here. Or work for anyone else for that matter.

It kills me to look at her and not be able to tell her I'm her bog brother or not be able to hug her. It kills me not being able to tell my mom about her daughter.

I've watched how she suffered. I witnessed her almost loosing her mind because if her lost daughter. I witnessed it all. It was really hard I should tell you. I really don't like going to the place when things were bad.

I'm just happy I found my sister even if that means I'll love her from a far. For now at least. I plan on telling her soon. This isn't easy. How do you tell a fully grown young woman that she's been living a lie?

"Zac, what are you doing here?" She beams. I fight the urge to flinch at the sight of the horrible uniform. I don't like my sister being a slave period.

"It's a diner isn't it?" I tease her. Her face drop a little. "And I came to see you." I don't see her enough at school. We hardly have any time to talk.

"Of course. Thank you." She beams at me. I smile warmly. I fight the urge to wrap my arms around her and hug her.

"I'm still working though." She pouts a little. I smile at her in return.

She beams with life just like our mom. I don't know what else to expect because everything I've discovered about my dear sister is exactly the same as our mother.

She's a younger version of our mother. I love my mom and I love her.

"You can always pretend to be sick." I suggest wiggling my eyebrow. She laughs and the laugh is the most beautiful thing my ears has ever had. It's soothing and calm, it mends all the broken pieces of a heart.

"I could but unlike some and by some I mean you, have to works." I awkwardly laugh to avoid showing my irritation. She is like me, she doesn't need to work.

Maybe I could get her fired but that will break her heart which is something I never want to do. I would destroy anyone who would try to harm her. I pray that, oh God help me, that Harry doesn't hurt her because I'll kill him.

I don't like him already as it is. He screwed me over and I know he'll hurt her so I started planning his death a long time ago. Yes, I'm that kind of brother.

"Don't blame me. I just wanted to spend time with my sister." Shit! I didn't mean to say that out loud. Think of something fast.

"Sister?" She arch her brow at me suspeciously. I rub the back of my neck nervously and chuckle.

"I see you as my little sister you know." It's not a lie. Not entirely.

"Mmmm" she hums and I chuckle.

"Okay I'll have a hot chocolate." I place the order to avoid another slip up. I'm completely stupid, very stupid.

I spend well deserved time with my little sister. I absolutely adore her. I have a loving nature just like her, we both took after our mother.

I drop her off at her house and say goodbye to her. I even hugged her, imagine my excitement right now. I just have to tell someone.

I decide to call the other person who knows the truth about Evernly; Mason, a person I consider a somewhat best friend.