Chapter 41

Billie Eilish - Ocean eyes

I've been walking through
A world gone blind
Can't stop thinking of your diamond mind
Careful creature
Made friends with time

Third person point of view

The atmosphere around the school has changed. It was thick with emotion. It's as if she was hunting everyone with her presence. Her spirit lingering around.

Everyone was haunted by their own personal ghost. Taylor walked around like a lost spirit. Axel looking at the parking lot while Luke was limping. The elite group was haunted and everyone could see that.

Linkin thought he needed one taste to get over his need for Evernly but he couldn't be more wrong. He wanted more of her. He needed more of her. The one taste wasn't enough. It was never going to be enough.

He watched as the girl he loves walked hand in hand with someone she loved. It killed him to see them intertwine their hands. It was his best friend's girl he dreamed about all night. It killed him to know he would never have her but a glimpse of hope has always been there. He somehow hope that one day his friend would mess up then he could have his chance.

"You okay?" Somewhere Harry could be heard asking his beloved in a quiet voice. Even Harry was hit pretty bad by this news. It happened at his party and on his birthday after all.

"I'm good." Evernly responded, her voice full with emotion.

"Come on." Harry said as he pulled her close to his chest.

The weekend after Harry's birthday has been a nightmare for the group. The elite group has fallen. You can see the pain in their eyes. Even Kevin the ever smiling, the ever happy boy. His face didn't show any hint of a smile. Alora resorts to drinking like she always did.

The pain was too much for her to handle. She was already haunted before this. After all she's somewhat guilty. The elite had fallen.

Every eyes turned to the door the moment he walked through the door. Silence filled the hallways. Everyone holding their breath. He's the one who lost too much. He feels the pain more than anyone. He is to blame after all. He played a big role in this whole situation.

He paused for a couple of seconds. He looked up. His eyes teary. He didn't even know why he came here. Maybe it's because this is where it all started or maybe it's because these hallways holds so many memories and he in his mind he thought he deserve the torture of being haunted by her memories.

Everyone's eyes were on him. Anticipating his every move. He reached inside his pocket and felt the peace of paper thats weighing him down. In the last two days he hasn't part with it. It's the last thing she left him. It might kill him but it's still from her.

I deserve this.

He chanted those words in his head as he practice his step. To at least walk normal because when he lost her he forgot how to walk, how to breath. And in the last two days he lost so much weight and his muscles were depleting. His olive skin color pale and the crease in his brows fallen. His eyes which often scared freshmen were now lifeless. His intense stare no more. The mighty Hunter had fallen.

As he was walking he noticed a front page of the latest school's newspaper. His heart fell. Of course every one knew of his beloved but he felt jealous that everyone else mourns her. He looked at the picture again and read the title above written in bold letters.