Chapter 9

Only Angel - Harry Styles

Evernly

I feel my bed dip. I try to open my eyes but my eyes won't obey my command.

"Eve" I hear familiar voice calling me, I try to respond but I can't find my voice. Someone shakes me, finally I can open my eyes but the light blinds me I close my eyes again.

"How much did you drink" the voice which now I recognise as Sage's asks in a not so quiet manner. I feel like he's speaking inside my head.

"Not so loud " I warn low, I don't even recognise my voice it's very hoarse. I feel thirsty and sick. Sage chuckles, if only I can sit up and gag him so he'll shut up.

"Your boyfriend was here, he said to tell you to call him when you wake up" he says, I don't process the words since am trying to understand how my body functions because it can't seem to do everything I command it to.

"He brought you doughnuts, and I made you coffee so you can take the aspirin for your hangover" he continues, I hear him but I don't understand him. The only thing I understand is the furiously pounding in my head. I also understand that someone is calling me now am being shaken.

My senses comes back and now I realise that it's Sage shaking the daylights out of me. My eyes still closed. I turn my back on the window which means I also turned my back on Sage to. I feel him get up and walking around the bed only to sit again. He calls me

"Huh" I respond

"Did you hear anything I said to you?" He asks, I imagine the cute crease between his eyebrows. Adorable. He calls me again. Am beginning to get irritated of him calling me. First, his voice is too loud. Second, am right here

"That's my name, don't wear it out" I muse my eyes still closed

"Did you hear what I've been telling you?" he groan furiously, I like angry Sage, he's comical. If he was a cartoon I'd see smoke coming out of his ears. Classic. If only I can open my eyes and see his face. I mentally chuckle.

"Ah, you're hopeless" I feel him getting up and walking away. His steps fade away. Ah finally peace. Now I can focus on getting my body back and get rid of the band practising in my head.

Suddenly am being splashed with water. I jot to my feet opening my eyes seeing Sage with a bucket. Damn Sage. I grit my teeth. I would yell at him if my head wasn't pounding.

"Good you're up" he says like he just called me and I woke up. Stupid Sage. "Now go shower so we can get rid of that hangover" he yells with an annoying smile.

***

The shower felt heavenly. It made me and my limbs reconcile, because it seems like they've forgiven me, since we seem to be working together again.

I stand in front of my small closet looking for comfortable clothes that won't weigh me down because only God knows how heavy my body is. I choose yoga pants and a long sleeve t-shirt. I make my way down stairs.

"How much did you drink last night?" Sage asks coming in the living room. I think about his question, searching through my brain for answers.

"Good question" I mumble realising I don't remember much after my second martini. Everything is a blur. And I also remember Harry dropping me off after spending time in the beach. I frown. How in the hell did I end up in the beach with Harry. Everything there is a blur.