Yushiro || yup (angst + fluff)

Here's another request from @Todo_and_baku_slut!
Thank you for you requests!

-
-
-

"Yushiro-" You cut yourself off with a sigh as you saw him talking with Tamayo again.

'Again?' You thought to yourself, letting out a big sigh.

You hung your head low and dragged yourself back to your room. A while ago you offered to help Tamayo with patients, but along the way you earned some unrequited love from her close companion.

You knew that Yushiro liked her, it was obvious. The way he stared at her, the way he protected her, the way he treated her...everything was a dead giveaway.

You flopped onto your bed and slammed your face into the pillow, screaming into it out of frustration.

"Y/N?" You lifted your head and saw him standing there.

"Oh...hey Yushi." You sighed, sitting up and rubbing your face.

"What's up with you, weirdo?" He asks, taking a seat beside you.

"Nothing...just thinking about some stuff." You say, looking up at him with a lazy smile.

"What stuff?" He asks, raising his brow at you.

"Patient stuff." You say, laying your head down on his lap.

You and Yushiro were always close, you had known him before Tamayo, but you couldn't blame the boy for falling in love with someone like her. She was beautiful.

"Well, did you see Lady Tamayo today? She looks so beautiful in that Kimono." He says, leaning back on his hands while staring at the roof.

Oh, that was another thing...the way he talked about her. He talked about her like she put the stars in the sky. It pissed you off.

After about an hour of him ranting about her, Tamayo actually came and fetched you. She took you to a deathly ill patient and taught you how to care for them properly.

"Y/N." You looked up at the sound of her smooth voice, smiling gently at her.

"Yes Lady Tamayo?" You say, standing up straight.

"I know how you feel about him." She says, making your body go stiff.

"U-uhm..a-about who, Lady Tamayo?" You stutter, the heat rising up to your cheeks.

"Yushiro." She says, placing a hand on your shoulder. You tensed up in fear, afraid of what she was going to do to you.

"Relax Darling, I won't hurt you." She said. You sighed and immediately relaxed and waited for what she was going to say next.

"I know of your feelings for him, and I just want you to know that his feelings for me are unrequited." She says, taking her hand from your shoulder.

"And if you really love him, then tell him." She says before walking back out of the room.

You sighed and felt your heart beating out of your chest. 'So she doesn't like him back...that's a relief...' You smiled softly and continued to treat your patient.

TIMESKIP

The next day you were walking through the hallways and saw them talking once again. You hid around the corner and listened in, even though you knew it was wrong.

"Yushiro..." She said, her hands sat in front of her lap as she stood in her beautiful kimono that fit her perfectly.

"Please Lady Tamayo...please accept my feelings for you..." He begged, clasping his hands together in front of him.

"I'm sorry...but your feelings can not be returned." She said, sending him an apologetic smile as she pat him on the shoulder and walked away slowly.

You watched him slide down the wall, letting out a sigh. You slowly walked over and sat down next to him.

"Did it hurt?" You say, staring up at the walls in front of you.

"Yup..." He said, resting his head against the wall.

"Do you regret it?"

"Yup."

"Do you still love her?"

"Yup."

You sighed, smiling sadly up at the walls. You stood up and ruffled his hair.

"Cheer up big guy...she'll come around sooner or later." You say before walking away with tears falling down your face. Of course, he didn't see them.

TIMESKIP

Although you were a demon, your body was still sensitive to sicknesses.

After treating a patient you forgot to wash off the bacteria. This led to your body reacting negatively to it, putting you into a coma for months.

Just now were you finally starting to regain consciousness. You opened your eyes slowly to be met with the familiar smell and look of the room you would operate in.

You groaned and sat up, rubbing your eyes to help them adjust to the light.

"Y/N!" You were tackled into a bone crushing hug.

You looked down and saw a bundle of mint green hair buried into your chest. You smiled and slowly brushed your fingers through it.

"Yushiro, what are you doing?" You laughed lightly as he boy lifted his head.

Before you could say anything he connected his lips with yours. You were shocked and couldn't return it before he pulled away.

"I'm sorry! I acted stupid! I didn't realise that what I was feeling wasn't for Lady Tamayo!" He said, looking at you with furrowed brows.

"What are you saying Yushi?" You say, cupping his face with your hands.

"I'm in love with you! Not her!" He said, tackling you into another hug.

You hugged back and snuggled your face into the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry...I guess because I was so worried that you weren't gonna wake up...I realised how much you meant to me..." He said, shifting you both into a comfortable position on the bed so that you were in his lap facing him.

"It's okay Yushi. I love you too." You say, pecking his lips softly.

"Do you love me too?"

"Yup."

-
-
-

So this was my first Yushiro x reader one shot! I hope you enjoyed and I'm sorry for any mistakes in the writing!
Thank you for requesting!
Bye!
❤️