Obanai || sad (angst)

Here's a request from @MOSHIMEESH12836!
Thank you for requesting!

Here's a request from @MOSHIMEESH12836!Thank you for requesting!

-
-
-

"Shit...." You groaned out in pain as you eyed the demon in front of you.

"You okay over there....? Obanai...?" You called out to him.

"Kind of...." He replied, looking just as beat-up as you.

"Let's just get this over and done with...." You groan, using your sword to push yourself back up onto your legs.

"You go for his legs....I'll go for his head...." Obanai says, slowly standing up and gripping his sword in his hand.

"Alright..." You say, lunging at his legs and slashing them with your sword.

Once he heard the screeches of pain the demon let out when you slashed its legs, Obanai threw himself at its head and landed a clean cut, completely decapitating it.

"Well...glad that's over..." You breathe out before flopping onto the floor in exhaustion.

"Obanai...?" You call out, only to see him flopped right next to you.

"Oba...?" You say, poking his face.

"Yeah...?" He had blood dripping from the corner of his mouth.

"I love you..." You say, smiling sadly as tears gathered in your eyes.

"I....Love you...too...." He could barely talk as he took his final breathes.

"You can close your eyes now, love." You say, intertwining your fingers with his cold ones.

"Goodbye.....Y/N...." He says, closing his eyes slowly.

"Goodbye....Obanai...." Your voice cracks in the middle of your sentence as you felt his body go limp. You no longer heard his soft breathes.

You smile sadly up at the night sky, tears streaming down your face. You choked on a few tears but pushed yourself up anyway, slowly lifting your late husband up into your arms.

You held him close, making your way back to the demon slayer corps. With slow and heavy steps, you finally arrived back.

"Oh no...." You heard a small gasp come from beside you as you walked with him in your arms.

"Y/N-san...." Tanjiro said softly.

You didn't say anything, all you did was send him a sad smile and continue to walk. Eventually you made it out to the meadow the both of you spent lots of time in.

You gently payed him down in the grass, kneeling down beside him. With tears flowing from your eyes, you placed a gentle kiss on his temple.

"Rest easy...love."

"I promised I wouldn't be sad...but this...this is too much..."

-
-
-

This is kind of short so sorry for not writing more on this. I've had a bit of writers block lately so please pardon my crappy writing for now. I hope you enjoyed it either way and sorry for any mistakes I the writing!
Thank you for requesting!
Bye!
❤️