Inosuke || Love of my life (angst)

I know I said I was going to be restyling this book but I decided to write a few chapters to release every now and then so you all don't get bored. None of these are requests, they are simply just prompts I found interesting enough to write about. I hope you all say patient with me. Thank you!

(Modern au!)

'....'- thoughts
Bold Italics - flashbacks
-

-

You wondered had come to this. One moment you were in his arms, then he was gone. You woke up, staring at the empty half of the bed. The bed that you both once shared.

You reached out to touch the sheets that no longer held his warmth. The sheets that cling to his scent to remind you everyday of him. The sheets that would get tangled between your legs intertwined with his. The sheets that were now empty.

You rested your hand on his pillow, pulling down into your embrace as you could smell the strong scent of his shampoo on it. You let a sad smile cross your features as you clung onto the soft cushion.

You let go of the pillow, pushing yourself up before slowly getting ready for work.

"Babe, I don't think that's how you do it." You said, trying to hold in your laughter.

Your boyfriend was attempting to fold origami, but it wasn't turning out like he had hoped.

"What are you talking about?! This looks exactly like it does in the picture!" He said, holding his crane and the laptop that showed a picture of the origami.

There was an obvious difference. Although, his folding wasn't too bad but it would have looked exactly like the picture if he didn't play and crumple it up like he did.

Half of the paper had been ripped off anyway due to his frustration.

"It looks...amazing babe." You sweatdropped.

You sighed, pushing the button on the elevator that sent you up to the 3rd level. You adjusted your uniform before the doors could open and walked into the large room, holding over 20 workers, stressing over trying to finish their paperwork.

"Inosuke, why haven't you been responding to my messages?" You asked, gently placing you hand on top of his.

"I've been busy lately, sorry." He grumbled, slowly retreating his hand from your grasp.

"Oh, alright. Don't stress too much."

You got to your desk, getting straight into your work. Just as you were about to press the button to turn on your computer, you noticed a picture frame sitting next to the monitor.

You observed it, seeing the smiling face of two young lovers. You smiled before a sharp and painful pang hit your heart.

He wasn't yours anymore.

You placed the frame face-down before continuing on with your work.

"Why do you still have this picture? We look so gross. Look at us, we were still going through puberty back then." He cringed, looking at your younger selves.