Tanjiro || Time of my life (angst)

"You met me at a very strange time in my life."

"Y/N-san! Y/N-san!" You turned around and was met by three familiar boys standing there.

"Oh, Good afternoon you three." You said, bowing politely.

"You should come with us this time! It'll be way more fun with you there!" Zenitsu said, his eyes sparkling at the thought of you joining them on their mission.

"Well-"

"Pleeaaasseeee?? Come on! It'll be fun! Plus, we miss you! Ever since you started going on missions with the Pillars we haven't seen you around." The blonde pouted, crossing his arms and huffing in frustration.

"I'm sorry Zenitsu, but I can't join you today. I have a mission with Lady Shinobu." You said, walking over and patting his shoulder gently.

"But-"

"I promise I'll join next time. Just not today, okay?" You said, smiling gently at the boy in front of you.

"Okay." Zenitsu pouted once again, hanging his head low in defeat.

"Y/N, are you sure you want to keep going on those missions? Aren't they really dangerous?" Tanjirō said, his eyebrows knitting together in worry.

"It's fine. Sure, they're dangerous but I don't mind. As long as I can help save people, I'm fine with getting hurt every once in a while." You said, walking to stand in front of him.

"I just don't want you to get seriously hurt. What if one day you don't come back?" He said, looking at you with worried eyes.

"I will always come back to you. I'm not dying until we find a cure for Nezuko, and finally defeat Kibutsuji." You put your hand on his shoulder and smiled reassuringly. His worried expression didn't disappear as he stared at the ground.

"Hey." He looked up at you, his cheeks flaring when you placed a soft kiss on his cheek. "Don't worry about me, I'll be back before you know it. You three be safe, look out for each other. I expect all of you to come back with all of your limbs." You said, chuckling to yourself.

"You be safe too, Y/N!" Zenitsu called out as they made their way towards the gate.

"Don't you dare die on us hag!" Inosuke yelled.

"I'm not that much older than you Inosuke!" You screamed back, gritting your teeth in anger.

"Be safe Y/N! We'll be back!" Tanjirō called out, waving to you with a bright smile.

The door to the box on his back opened as Nezuko peeked out and waved to you. You sent her a soft smile and waved back before the group disappeared from your sight.

"Be safe, Kamado."

"You appeared as if you sensed I needed healing."

"Are you ready to leave, Y/N?" A gentle voice spoke from behind you.

"Oh! Yes, Lady Shinobu. Sorry, did I take too long?" You bowed apologetically before joining her as you both walked away from the Butterfly Estate.

"No, in fact I think you probably should've joined those boys. This mission in particular will be targeting one of the Twelve Kizuki that works closest to Kibutsuji. It's okay to back out now if you wish, I will respect whatever decision you choose." She spoke, keeping her eyes on the dirt road ahead.

"I wish to join you, Lady Shinobu. There's no point in me training to become a Hashira if I'm too scared to face a demon, especially one of the Twelve Kizuki." You spoke, your voice stern, despite the fear the lingered in the back of your mind.