Godly Vows.

As I stand from the creaking bed, I look out the window

As I stand from the creaking bed, I look out the window. It's water from the heavens and a dark sky.

I change into a black dress, one of my servants helping. She ties some of my hair back and I look in the mirror. I wave her away and out of the room.

She obliged and I am left standing there. I take in a breath through my nose and feel my throat closing, the tears falling.

My body feels adrift from my mind.

I can no longer put into words the amount of agony my mind wonders. I wipe my cheeks and step from the room and down to the hall. I sit on the throne as Rollo steps up to beside me. Bjorn tells men and women to step up to Rollo. They are hesitant. But I stand and hold my hand out to assure their safety. "Rollo. You need to teach me the language of your people." He nods and does a crooked smile.

Bjorn steps to me for the first time since he has been here and holds his hand out. I take it in mine and he holds it there for a moment before stepping back. They lift the treasures that have been given and step out to their ships.

I look to Rollo. "You may join the funeral. But if you or your people choose not to. That's fine.." I nod once and he does as well. "Yes Queen Isabella." I step down the steps and open the doors to outside.

The rain crashes down as my fathers case is being lifted to be laid to rest. I bow my head and stop listening to everyone else who prays to our god.

As they step down to his tomb, I step along side of it. My mother and her once embryo is laid to rest down here. The one where I may lay to rest one day.

I stand there for a moment as they lower his body in. He doesn't look like himself. The first dead body I've seen. My mother never wanted me to see her like that after she had passed.

I look down upon him in the tomb and nod as they close it up. I place one hand on it and bow my head as the priests prays to our god. Is he really my god? How could he take everything from me?

I raise my head after he's done and step up and out of the tomb, looking to see Rollo standing and waiting. "Isabella." I look at him and stop in my tracks. The rain pours down as I look upon him. "Not now Rollo. I shall see fit that you and your people get the farm land tomorrow."

I step and step into the castle. I'm drenched and I want to sleep but matters are in my hands. I step to my room which will soon be empty. The room that use to lie thy mother and thy father lays bare. Calling for me. I look up as a servant steps in and helps me get changed.

I should start training, like a warrior. A queen who fights. My people will be grateful to win battles against any.

I step down from the room and lead to the throne room. Caiazzio steps to me and stands beside me. "My queen." He bows and I nod. "Yes?" I say and tilt my head up to look at him. "We must speak of where we will put the Vikings and about your army."

I nod and stand, clasping my hands together. "I will put the Vikings close. But not close enough to harm anyone." I state and look out of the larger window of stained glass. "Also. I need to recruit more men.." I nod and turn back to look at him. "Also. Bring Rollo. I have important matters to speak with him."

Caiazzio hesitates and I raise an eyebrow towards him. "Yes.. My queen.." he leaves immediately and I continue to stand at my place.

A few moments pass as the door creaks open to the muscular and broody man. "You asked for me?" I nod and turn to him.

"Yes. Concerning your people." He nods and stands at the landing of the stairs. "I have found a place for you to be. But. In return. I would want to speak the language of your people as well as being trained to fight."

He stands up straight and furrows his brows. "My language? Why?" I move my hands up my arms and step down a few steps. "If your people stay, I would like for them to know that I try. Pagan or not." He nods and parts his lips slightly.

"And fighting? A queen.. especially here?" I nod and look towards the window. "They need to be protected. By any force or being." I say softly and nod. I hold my hand out and he looks at it for a moment, taking it in his. "I will see to it.."

I nod and purse my lips. "So we start tomorrow."

He nods. "Yes.. My Queen."