Settled Score.

I wake to the shuffling in the room

I wake to the shuffling in the room. I sit up and look over to see Amalia setting my armor out. I furrow my brows and then push my hair back.

"Is the prince awake?" I look to her and she looks back to me. "He was up quite late last night." I clench my jaw and get up. I open the door and step straight to his room. He is sprawled on the bed as the blanket lays low on his body.

I look around and see a bucket to wash with. It's cold to the touch. I grin and take it, splashing it over him. He wakes abruptly and looks up at me. "What is utterly wrong with you?!"

"I am not to be taken a fool. I don't care if you are a prince. If I ask of you to do one simple thing for me!" I yell and drop the bucket to the ground. He stays silent and I step out of the room, stepping back to mine and stripping from my clothes. "Go tend to him." I wave her away and she nods, leaving me alone.

I take a deep breath and pull clothes as well as the armor on. I step to a mirror and look over my arm and neck. Seeing the scars. It's a daily reminder of what I've been through so far.

I look to the table to see the journal laid on the table. I take it and shove it under my pillow, taking my sword from the ground and putting it in its place.

I start stepping to the court and stand there. I look to see a bow neatly placed against a barrel. I take it and hold it for a moment. I look to the bullseye and aim towards it. I take a breath and pull back, keeping my eyes on it. Everything is slow.

I release the bow and get in the center. I do a small bounce with a smile but wipe it from my face once I look over to find Delfina analyzing me.

"Shall we start?" I step over and take the arrow from it and put it down. "So you can shoot. But can you fight?.." He speaks and I squint my eyes to him. "I was taught by Vikings. What do you expect?"

After almost an hour of constant fighting and him getting angry that I keep beating him. He ignores me. I hear the bells ring and I smile brightly. "They're here!" I quickly sprint but he runs after me. I jump onto a horse and start riding to the docks. I arrive and stay on the horse as Cedric just catches up to me out of breath. He unsheathes his sword and I look at him. I make a face towards him and he clinched his jaw towards me.

The Vikings step from the boat. Ubbe, Bjorn's brother, is stood on the ship. He nods to me and I nod back. I look back to the castle not far from us and I whistle, moving my arm in a circle to bring carriages.

"Welcome to Italia." I speak Nordic and Prince Cedric Delfina looks to me in utter disbelief. I smile to the Northmen. "I may be a Christian. But I offer you my home and safety." The carriages come and I nod. "Get on the carriages so you don't have to walk there." I turn the horse around and it starts trotting with them.

The horses step together yet Delfina can't keep his eyes from me. "They're pagans." He speaks and I look to him. I shrug and move my hair back. "People are people."

I arrive to the farm and look to the guards who walked with us. "I need you to be watch the perimeters. I don't want another slaughter. These are good people." The guards salute and step around the farm.

"Tonight I welcome you to a feast." I tell them all and they look to one another. "If you choose not to attend. I'll let them send the food here." I nod to them and turn the horse around. We start walking away together.

"Why do you care so much for these pagans? They will be damned to hell.." he speaks softly and looks upon me. "Like I said Prince Delfina. People are people. No matter whom they are." I look to him and hop from my horse. We step together into the castle and he looks to me.

He goes to speak but Amalia steps in. I look to her but she speaks to Cedric instead. "Hello Prince Delfina.. May I speak with you?.." She has a fire in her eyes when she looks at him. One I had with the Vikings.

He looks to me and I nod. He steps away with her and I step to my room. I pull the armor from my body and step into the hot bath that lays waiting.

I bathe the sweat and dirt from my body and dunk under the water.

I'm enveloped into the water. Except the temperature drops immensely. I try to reach the top but a thick layer of iced lays above me. I pound on it. I can see figures above it. The next moment dark hands pull my face and my body down below.

I quickly splash up to the surface of the water and take a deep breath, coughing up the water that managed to be sucked into my lungs as I came up from the water.

I look around and then pull my knees to my chest. I hold them close to my body and slightly shiver.

I stand from the water and wrap myself tightly with my robe. I breathe heavily as a different servant steps in. "I have your dress madam." She says softly and I nod. "Yes.. yes.." I pull the robe from my body and she helps me into it.

She braids my hair down my back and I purse my lips, as I step down the steps and to the dining hall. I step to the throne and sit in it, looking around at nobody being there.

I sigh softly and sip from my wine. Delfina finally steps in. "Where is everyone?" I shrug and set the glass down. "I don't know.." I speak softly and he takes the seat next to me. "Why do you care so much?"

"Is that any of your business?" I say and look to him, sipping my glass. "No.. But-..." I interrupt him and he furrows his brows angrily. "Then don't worry about what it is I like or want." He stands, the chair squeaking against the floor making a horrible noise. "If I'm going to stay here. I have a right to know these things." He slams his hand against the table and I stand, facing him. I shove him back and clench my jaw. "Because it's in my blood." I yell at him and he looks to me.

He stays silent and I look to the ground. "Just. Leave." I say and press my fingertips into the table to steady myself. "Leave!" I yell at him and he steps back, shaking his head and steps out of the dining hall. I drink the rest of my wine and sit down in the quiet.

I look to see a servant step in. "Come." I tell her and she does. "Yes your highness." I sigh softly and she pours wine into my glass. "I want to have a ball. An extravagant one. Invite all of the people and kingdoms that lie close by except for enemies.

She nods and steps away from me. I drink my wine. "Oh.. and one more thing.. take the food down to the farm... so they may eat.. all of the ale they want." She nods and steps out of the hall.

I stand from my seat and step with my cup to my bedroom. I look to the painting of my mother and father. I sip the cup and set it down. "Why did you keep this secret from me?" I get to my knees and clasps my hands together. "Who am I?"

I bow my head and feel the tears rushing to my eyes and down my cheeks. Who am I meant to be?..