Ruined.

We spent a sum of two moons in this place

We spent a sum of two moons in this place. Hvitserk and I have come well acquainted. We are gathering our things when I glance to him. He is placing his things in his waist belt. He looks to me and steps over. "Are you sure this is what we should do?" I look up to him and he purses his lips. "I'm very sure." He speaks and presses his lips to my forehead. I close my eyes for a moment and then walk back over, pushing the sword into my belt. I nod once and step out of the cabin beside him. We approach the boats and get onto them I say nothing to Ivar as I step on the ship.

I sit down and push my hair behind me. I look up at Ivar, looking to me. "You are not to leave until this fight is over." He lets out a laugh and I clench my jaw. "If you betray me. I know where your castle happens to be." He leans against the boats edge. "I'm sure Hvitserk will also be very sad if you were too." He gestures crying and then laughs.

I look to Hvitserk and he looks over the ships edge. We hadn't spoken of it. We just lived in the now because tomorrow I might be dead. Or he might be dead.

I watch Ivar and then laugh. "Must you always be so daft?" I smile sarcastically and he stops smiling. "Or is it the fact of knowing we won't win?" I nod towards him and tilt my head to the side. He flares his nostrils with anger and grips onto his axe. "Do it. Just like you killed your other brother. Toss it into my head and break my skull." I laugh and lean back against a barrel. He lets go of the axe and then looks away defeatedly. I lean my head back and look to the sky.

Hours pass as we finally arrive. We have to move for awhile in order to reach the battleground. We make a camp and then settle in. The night is already approaching us. I sit down at the dining table and start eating slowly, sipping ale. Everyone is laughing and being loud. Hvitserk is sitting beside Ivar, not looking at me nor being sweet like this morning.

I gulp my ale down and set the cup down. Hvitserk is looking to me and smiles softly before putting his cup to his lips. I tear a piece of bread off and place it between my lips, pushing the plate back and standing. I step away and find the tent I shall be staying in this time. I step in and pull the armor from my body, tossing it to the side. Why are we doing this? This is not right. I sit down onto the bed and start pulling at the braids that lace my hair. I pull at them until they have all fallen into loose waves.

Hvitserk steps into the tent and crosses his arms. "You didn't sit beside me." I speak and he nods. "I know. I think it is right if we were to sit separately. I don't want Heahmund to think of anything." He moves to sit onto the bed. "What will you do once this is finished? Are you staying or are you leaving?" He finally says the long awaited question.

I look to him and then at my hands. "I have to return to my castle.." I purse my lips and he lets out a sigh. "I understand." He looks to me and takes my hand, kissing it gently. "You better make it out alive." I smile softly and look to him. "You as well." He kisses my shoulder and looks to me. "One more night together.." he whispers into my ear sending chills down my spine. I let out a soft laugh and kiss his lips. One more night.