Slaughter.

I wake to the shifting of armor in my room and I see the servants getting it ready

I wake to the shifting of armor in my room and I see the servants getting it ready. I stand from my bed. "Good morning." I stand and they help me into it. It's different. It has scales and fits my body better. Along with a sword. Finally. My own. I hold it up and look at it with a smile. The detailing is intricate. Today is going to be an amazing day I can feel it in my bones.

I step down the steps to the courtyard and look upon Rollo who perks up slightly. He stands and parts his lips. I unsheathe my sword and hold it up. Since the beginning I have grown some muscle but not much. I grab a shield that's by and grin. I speak up in Nordic. "You think you can beat me?" He gets in a stance and grins. "Absolutely Woman." He charges towards me and I move, hitting him with my shield.

I laugh and hold the sword out towards him. He hits it away with his axe and shoves me to the mud. Everyone is watching now.

I kick at his shin and he goes down. I stand and so does he. We strike at one another and I laugh, continuing to fight together.

I end up being caught in his hold, too close to his features. I look over to Caiazzio who has a stern face. I step back and clear my throat. "Thank you." I curtsy and he bows. I start stepping to Caiazzio and smile to him. "What's on the agenda?"

I glance back at Rollo and he glances down, as we step away. "We are recruiting? Yes? Good." I nod.

Everything is good and silent. "We should celebrate tonight. With the Northmen as well." I nod and Caiazzio doesn't say anything. "With the pagans?" I nod and step to another part of the city where we stand and look over our recruits. "Yes. With the Pagans. They are people." I smile and move my hair to behind my back.

I place my hand on his shoulder. "You have this right?" I nod and step away, stepping to the castle. I step to my room and pull the armor off and set it on a stand in the corner of the room along with my sword. I place my hands on my hips, stepping back to the bed, untying my boots. I look up as the door opens. Rollo steps in and looks at me for a moment.

"Yes Rollo?" I say and stand, looking at him. He steps to me and closes the space between us. He has something in his eyes. I can't put my finger on it.

He envelopes me into his arms and presses his lips against mine, holding his hands against my back. I move my lips against his and the door opens slightly. I push him of and take a breath. A servant steps in and I look at him for a moment. "I'll see you tonight Rollo. We are having a celebration for our kingdom and your people."

I hold my hands in front of me and he nods, taking a deep breath. He leaves the room as the servant helps me to the hot bath they were making. I step to the window and touch my lips.

I step into the hot bath, washing the mud and dirt from my body, looking over to the servant who is helping me. "Thank you. You may wait in the other room.." I speak softly and sink into the tub. I stay in there for moments. My skin is burning.

I stand from the tub and wrap myself in a cloth to dry. I step out and sit down at the small vanity. I look at myself for a moment and run my hands over my wet hair.

I tilt my head and the woman gets a dress ready. I stand and she helps me into the dress. A low cut red dress and she ties back some of my hair as well. I step down to the dining hall and sit down at the table, as everyone is starting to slowly join.

I pick at some berries and look up as Rollo steps in. I purse my lips and shift slightly in my chair. I look up as the Vikings step in and sit down at the table along side of my own people. We decide to leave the doors open and scatter food throughout of castle and the village so everyone can feast and drink.

I smile as I sip my wine. I stand and hold it up. I speak up in Norse. "Thank you. For joining us. Enjoy." I look to my people and nod. "Thank you for coming. You may not enjoy the company of these people. But we must be better and represent what our god teaches. Love." I raise it and sip the glass and so does everyone. I sit down and everyone starts eating.

Music is being played as women and children dance. Some men gladly join. I see a few women peering over at the norsemen. I laugh softly to myself and enjoy just watching the crowd.

I stand and sip my wine some more. I step down the steps and look at the boys and girls dancing. I decide to twirl and dance with them, laughing softly. Rollo watches me and I loom at him for a moment. I hold my hand out and he looks around at everyone. He stands and takes it. We move around and laugh. Everyone is enjoying themselves.

Tomorrow I shall visit the farm, see how everything is and if they need anything. I twirl and Caiazzio is stood there with a smile. "My Queen. Don't make yourself sick." I curtsy. "Don't be so prude. Join in on the fun." I look over to a lady in waiting and wave her over. "Dance with my knight. Please." I kiss her hand and step away to sit back down. I look at Rollo who moves to sit beside me.

"You look lovely." He speaks softly and I look at him. "Thank you." He looks to his people and I smile, leaning my head against the chair.

I look over at him again and lean over. "Meet me later.." I say and place my hand on his.

After a few hours or so of the celebration I step to the room alone. I let out a sigh and purse my lips. I set the crown down and move my hair from my left shoulder. I look behind me as Rollo steps into the room.

I take soft breaths as he steps to me. The air is thick. He envelopes me into a longing kiss. I'm laid on the bed and enveloped into the lust and greed. The way he moves his body into mine and the way our hot breaths into one. My first time and not being eloped. My god is sinning me. If he's there. I look upon Rollo as he lays back into the bed. Our bodies moist to the air. The windows have fogged and I place my body upon his. I peer up at the window as the moon beams in and the same black crow is pecking at the window. His fingertips against my skin I fall into a gentle slumber.

As the dawn peers through the window, I look up to see Rollo laid asleep. I look over his features to see the scars on his face. I slowly move from the bed and wrap a robe around my body. I look at the beautiful city than over to the armor. I hear the bed shift slightly as I look back at the man, standing and stepping to me. He wraps his arms around me and kiss at my skin. "We have to train again today." I nod and smile.

"Let's not today." He steps away and starts getting dressed. I smile as a servant steps in. I part my lips but she ignores the fact that I had been in the room naked with a pagan. She smiles and helps get me dressed. I look at Rollo who is sat on the bed. "I am waiting for you." I laugh softly and he steps to me, taking the crown, placing it on my head.

I step down with him and take his arm as we step down to the opening of the castle, Caizzio soon joins us with other guards. We decide to walk since it's a nice enough day. I smile as I look over the small farm but immediately hear the high pitch of a scream. I stop smiling and see the group of Vikings with the pile of burning flesh. I pick my dress up and we quickly sprint towards the scene.

I look up at the men on horses that are opposite of us. Blood scattered against the ground. Some children lay there with stab wounds or slit necks. "Enjoy. The smell of burning children. You're kingdom is next." He says and tosses the torch he held in his hand and threw it into the burning pit.

He wears the flag of Delfina. I start tearing up as he starts riding away. "AFTER HIM!" I yell and place my hands on my chest, crying out. The Vikings look at me and I breathe, clenching my jaw. I look at them and feel the tears spilling. I speak in Norse. "We will take our revenged." I look back at Rollo who is taken back. His eyes welling.

I look up to see a man in a black cloak in the trees. He turns and vanishes.