Virago.

The morning dawn grew

The morning dawn grew. I look over to my husband who lays beside me. I sit up and lean over to kiss his soft lips to wake him from his slumber.

He wakes and pecks my lips softly against his. "Come. We must get you ready for today's battle." I say and stand from the bed. I start pulling my armor onto my body and he sits up looking at me. "What are you doing?" He speaks. I look back to him and move my hair behind me. "I am getting ready Incase they break the walls. At least let me do that one thing." I furrow my brows and purse my lips.

He nods and stand from the bed putting his hair up in a small ponytail. I watch as he puts his armor on his body and tightens the straps. I simply put my hair back with the two strands connecting to the back. He looks to me and steps to me, stroking my cheek with the pad of his thumb.

I look up at him and purse my lips. He rests his forehead against mine and speak Latin praying to god. But whom am I to pray to?

I close my eyes just to give him assurance. My dream replaying in my mind when I close them. His body laid to the ground. Blood stained cheeks.

I look to him once he is done and press my lips firmly against his, taking in the moment. He kisses back just as passionately. We step down together, my hand linked through his arm. We arrive to the square and I hold the bottom of my dress that connects to an armored piece.

I look to Ivar and Bjorn. "You come back tonight and we feast." I speak to them both. "All rivalries aside." I look to my husband and kiss his cheek softly.

The vast group of Vikings along with my Guards will slaughter Delfina, some secretly staying back. They get on the horses and Ivar to his chariot. Ivar looks back to me and I nod once. They start to lead off silently leaving us.

I lean over to the guard next to me. "Get me my horse." I turn around and step quickly to my room to retrieve my sword, putting the belt on along with putting it in its sheathe.

I step out quickly and look to see the Vikings ready and waiting for me. "Let's go!" I get on the horse but my dress is restricting me.

I take a knife from the belt and rip the side of it letting my leg hang out. I nod and they blow the horn they have. We start to ride on the few horses we have and the others run with us.