Guest.

The night as started to come

The night as started to come. I sit against the wall and lean my head against it. The subtle pain from the pulling of my hair earlier has brought soreness to my scalp. But that's when I hear the chatter outside. "When I tell you to kill Bjorn, you kill him!" Ivars voice echoes through Kattegat. "You have to understand one thing. That Bjorn is not your friend. He is your enemy!" His voice is loud and exhausted. "If he and King Harald succeed in their ambitions, then what future do we have?" I can just imagine him flailing his arms in a dramatic effort to make his people understand. He continues to speak but I have now toned him out of my mind.

I close my eyes for a moment and cross my arms. As if I had fallen asleep, I am bothered by a hit to the foot. I look up and sit up to see Ivar leaned against his crutch as well as two bigger guys. "So you still choose to be by my brothers side? Hm?" He says and laughs. He watches me as I stand to my feet. He nods once and the two of them grab my arms and I try to break from their grips. "Who was that boy you were saving?" He asks and gets closer to me, resting on the crutch only a few inches from me. I clench my jaw and flare my nostrils, rolling my eyes and backing away from him.

"Pussycats got your tongue?" He speaks again and I let out a laugh which takes him by surprise. He nods and clenches his jaw. "Take her to the cabin, make sure she gets dressed. See if Freydis will help our... Guest." They shove me and walk me through the city, with people staring at me. I keep my head up and am pushed into the cabin, the door shutting harshly behind me. There is a tub with water as well as a dress on the bed. Of course. He already had this plan.

I unlatch the straps to my armor and graciously get in the water. It's cold of course, but feels nice against my aching skeleton. I pull my hair from the several braids and run my fingers over my scalp.

I dunk under the water and then come up again, seeing a familiar face, leaned down beside the tub. "Ragnar." I speak lightly and he watches me, running his hand under the water with a cloth and against my skin, the dim fire to the background. I rest my arms on the sides and watch as he moves one leg out of the tub itself. He runs his hand against my knee to my foot, pressing his tongue to the bottom of it, running it up the tender pad.