A Scar.

I wake to dawn, suddenly

I wake to dawn, suddenly. I sit up and look to see someone standing in the corner of my room. A man with shut eyes and deep coal lips.

I look to the door opening to see Rollo. "Come. We have to practice." I looks at me and furrows his brows. I look quickly to the corner to see the figure gone. "Yes.. Yes." I stand from the bed and take my armor from the corner of the room. He leaves me alone and I start putting it on, pulling at the leather straps to tighten it.

I step out the small cabin and look up at Rollo. "Come. We fight in the middle." I nod and step with him. We step to the muddy grounds and I unsheathe my sword spinning it then gripping it.

I look at him for a moment and we step in a circle. "If I hurt you. Don't cry." He states and I furrow my brows. "How would you hurt me?" He lunges to me and I dodge him, striking the shield he bares.

I move out of the way and charge at him, being pushed. A stinging sensation hits my arm and I turn to look at him, then down at it. My bicep has crimson blood spilling onto the chainmail. A shaking hand comes up and I place it upon it.

I take my hand off and clench my jaw, charging to him and being easily caught in his grip facing the people. Bjorn is stood there watching us. His sharp axe lays against my throat. I take a deep breath and push off, feeling a sting at it. I turn and press the tip of my sword where his heart would be.

You can tell the way I've pushed it into the skin by the look on Rollos face. I keep the sword there, cupping my throat for a moment, the blood dripping onto my fingers. I move the sword and point it to the ground.

"Thank you for the Scars Rollo. Is your anger towards me Gone finally." I step away from him and push into his arm with mine. I step away and to the small cabin.

I kick the door open and pull the chainmail off, cupping my arm, slightly making a noise whilst sucking in breath. I look up to the door opening.

Bjorn steps in and holds a cloth with some other things. "You didn't make a noise." I furrow my brows. "I was told not to." I say and he rips the sleeve from the shirt. He puts some type of mud along with wrapping it around my bicep. "Do you know of Ecbert and Aelle.." he looks at me and dabs the blood from my neck.

"I've heard stories of them.. My father didn't like them very much." I look at him and lick my lips. "Why do you ask?" I stands up and crosses his arms.

"The way you fight. We would like for you to accompany us in a battle. Against them. To revenge my father." I stand and look at him. "Or if you don't. You owe us nothing."

I take a breath and look down. I think for a moment. "What do I get if I do help?" I look back at him and tilt my head to the side. "You get my help along with my army against Delfina and anyone who comes your way."

I ponder the thought for a moment. I hold my hand out and look at him. "I will take it." I nod and he takes my hand, shaking it once. "Tonight as well.. We sacrifice to the gods for our journey." I look at him for a moment. An animal it must be.

"Rollo talks highly of you always. I don't think his wife would love that.." I look at him and part my lips. Wife.. Princess Gisla of Frankia . My friend. I thought they would have separated.

I blink for a moment. "He is a good teacher." I speak and lick my lips. "Thank you." I nod and smile. "I will see you later then." I step to the corner of the room and he nods, leaving. I grab a cloak and put it on, along with the fur.

I step out of the cabin and step to where Rollo is staying. He is at the throne hall. I decide to change my language back to Frankish so no one can hear. I push open the doors to see bjorns brothers and Floki stood there speaking. Laergatha is sitting there as well. I shove him and clench my jaw. He stands and looks at me. "How dare you not tell me you were still with her when you laid with me."

He makes a face. "You are a pathetic man. And you will leave. You will not fight with us." I look at him and then ball my fist. "You will not return to my castle either." I look towards the group of brothers and then at Laergatha.

"I'll see you tonight at the Sacrifice." I step back and out of the room. I step until I lead my feet to a broken down cabin. I open it and step into it. Something drawing me to it.

I look up at a man who is sitting there. "I was wondering when you would show." I look to the cloaked man with no eyes. I part my lips and he peers towards my direction. "Sit child." I move to sit infront of him. "What are you?" He holds his hand out and I hesitate, but put my hand on his.

"A Seer." He tilts his head to the side and then the other. "You have a great gift. No matter the gods. But mine have open arms to you. For the eyes of creatures see everything."

I look at him for a moment. "You have greatness coming to your veil." He speaks finally and holds his hand up more to my face. "Press your tongue against my palm dear child." I lean down and do as he says.

I step up and leave the cabin. I have no words. I step to my own cabin and step in to find Laergatha, sitting on my bed. "I have brought you something for tonight." I step to it and take it softly. "Thank you..."

She steps to me and starts taking my hair from the braids. "Rollo loved me once.. He will do anything to get what he wants.. I know of people who fight like that. But I won't tell your secret." She starts braiding my hair once more yet down my back. She starts helping me into the dress and cleans my face up along with my hands.

"Thank you for joining my son in the battle." I nod. "It's my pleasure." I look in the mirror that's laid in the other corner. "Come. It's time." She steps with me and leads me to a crowd then disappears. I step to infront of Bjorn and beside of Ivar. Ivar is sat on a crate that is to my hip. "Have you ever seen a sacrifice before?" Ivar speaks and smiles as a man starts stepping with another wearing all white. "No.." I speak softly as drums start to pick up.

"Someone sacrifices themself for the gods." I part my lips and hold my hands infront of me. Soon after Laergatha steps down the aisle, taking a blade. I blink at the scene unraveling. I watch a Laergatha holds a blade to the mans chest. Everyone looks up to the night to see lights sore by through it.

She smiles as She drives it through and all he does is stay silent.

He's laid back into the ground and I let out a breath. I look back to find Bjorn but he's no where to be find. I look to Ivar who is smiling brightly. He looks up at me and laughs.

I grip his shoulder to keep balance and then step away from everyone. I step to the beach and fall to my knees. My soul completely leaving its shell.

I take a breath and stay there for a moment. I look to see Ivar moving to my side. "Why do you run away?" I purse my lips. "I've never seen this before." I say honestly. "You must not be frightened for the gods will fight and feast with him." He says and waves his hand up to the sky.

"Tell me more.." I say softly to him and then he starts.