Anthem.

It's been two days since the war

It's been two days since the war. Rollo has sent men but not Rollo himself has shown. I stand there and pull my armor onto my body as I look into a dull mirror.

I step down to the dining hall and into it. Not many people fill it other then King Harrald, Ivar, and his men. "When are we to attack again?" I look at him and cross my arms. "When I see fit." Ivar says and I look to the door as Bjorn steps in. Ivar looks to him and smiles. "I've come to see my uncle." I step and move to beside Ivar and out of the way of them speaking. "He is not here. Why? Does it scare you that I have his force on my side?" He laughs and Bjorn intertwined his fingers. "I'm not scared." He looks to him. Ivar moves his hand and his men stand up quickly getting close to Bjorn to attack him. Harrald quickly speaks. "That is not how we do things!" He yells to Ivar and Ivar grins, telling them to move back. "I know. It was worth a shot." Bjorn stands and looks to me.

"Why do you choose to keep her brother?" He looks to me and then him. "Because she's fun. And I'm using her to my advantage." He lets out a laugh and crosses his arms. I clench my jaw and the handle to my sword tightly. I can almost feel the lockjaw start to set it.

Bjorn shakes his head and leaves. I look to Ivar and then straight ahead. "Kattegat will be ours in no time." He says and looks to Harrald.

The next day has arrived when we all start to stomp our way to the battle field once more. I pull my sword from my belt and look over to Hvitserk who is looking straight ahead.

In this moment it's like everything clears around me. As if I have returned to the in between of Valhalla and Heaven. I look behind me to see the misty and cloudy place and forward to see the golden doors.

I close my eyes for a moment and open them to find the battle ground again. The next moment I know. We start charging into battle. I merely have lost count of the amount of people I have killed. I yell as I slash through someone. I look over to find Heahmund fighting against us. So he is alive. He must've been saved by them.

I turn back around and see the between place again. Everyone gone once again. Why am I seeing these things?

I turn around then back again but this time quick enough to lift my sword up and clash it against another. Vikings fighting all around me. I try my best to push his sword but he's too strong until blood is splatter onto my face by his mouth. He drops to the ground as Hvitserk looks to me with a nod.

The fighting continues on. I look over to see Ivar, pushing more people to run into them for battle. From a crows perspective I guarantee we look like thousands of fighting ants.

I look at Bjorn who yells. "Fall back!" He starts moving backwards. "Fall back!" He yells again and grabs Laergatha, running towards Kattegat. My eyes water as I watch them run. The others are cheering that they've finally won. I can feel the tears fall down my cheeks. Several people lay to the ground. Dead.

My chest feels tight as I harshly wipe my face with the back of my hand as well as my palm, causing a raw sensation against my cheeks.

Hvitserk takes my arm. "Are you coming? We have to gather our things." He looks to me and stops. "We won. You must be happy." He speaks and looks around. "They can't see you this way." He speaks lowly and nods. "Come." He wraps his arm around me as we walk and I take deep breaths to calm down.

I sit there. Hours later we have our stuff completed and ready. Things run through my mind. Have they left? Have they stayed? I bite at my lower lip, the skin being picked off each time. I tap my foot to the floor as Hvitserk steps In. He nods to me and I stand immediately, walking to him. We move our stuff to Kattegat. No one remains there other then the people. We step into the huge hall I once remember. They pass around drinks. "To King Ivar." They speak and I look to Hvitserk that seems annoyed to it.

Ivar had promised it to him. But even I knew Ivar wouldn't allow it. He sits at the throne and laughs.

Hours pass as we sit in the hall. I stay silent as I look into the cup. People stand and leave as Ivar is getting his legs fixed with better contraptions. He tells people to leave. I gulp the last bit as everyone has left. I stand and start stepping to the door. He yells out in pain when the man snaps his leg into it. I stop and look behind me as he looks beyond curtains. He parts his lips and looks at the silhouette. "You can come out.." The blonde woman that was seen days ago, steps from out of them.

I part my lips and then step out of the hall. I look around Kattegat and step through it. I continue to step through to the ocean. I sit down on the sand and pull my knees up. I look at the water and bite the inside of my cheek.

I lick my lips and sigh. "I'm sorry Ragnar. I didn't try hard enough." I run my fingers against my temple and purse my lips. I sniffle and rest my lips against my arm. "I got this tattoo.. And once I return to my Castle I don't know if I will be ever able to step back into it." I say softly and nod slowly. "This is it..."