York.

The sleepless nights are getting to me

The sleepless nights are getting to me. Three days. I've avoided contact with anyone and they've taken notice.

I step out of the tent and step to the barrel of ale. I take a horn and fill it, drinking it's contents. I look over to see Sigurd and Ubbe, speaking amongst one another, but keeping their eyes on me with smirks on their faces.

I gulp the drink and throw it to the ground. I huff softly and step over to the running water near by. I crouch down and splash the cold water to my face and Over my hands. I hear sticks popping behind me. I stand and look behind me to see Sigurd. He steps and leans down to the water doing what I had done moments earlier.

"Are you joining us today?" He speaks and stands. "I have to." I nod and cross my arms. "There's something about you that reminds me of my mother. She was a witch you know." I furrow my brows and step back. "I am no such thing."

He steps to me. "All the men wanted her." He smiles. "You're beautiful. And a Queen like you deserves someone to protect her." He nods and then steps back. "You deserve someone like that. I could be that." I place my hand on my hip. "I don't know you Sigurd."

He shrugs and laughs. "So?" I look to see Ivar arrive on his chariot. "Leave her alone brother." Sigurd looks to him and Ivar holds his hand out to me. "Come. We are about to leave." I take it and get onto the chariot, looking to Sigurd who is annoyed.

I hold onto Ivar and we start to ride. I look around and the horn blows for us to go and take over York.

As we ride. It's quiet. The church is being held. We fire at the guards that are above the wall and start climb. I climb to the top and hit one guard in the face to make him stumble back and I stab him as well. We scale down from the wall and open the door for Ivar and the others to come in.

They charge into the church but I stay behind. I look to see Bjorn looking at me with a bad look on his face. I take a breath and step into the church, helping them fight, scratch that. Murder.

I take a breath as it's over. The only thing left is a child sat on their mother, screaming and crying. They take the baby because one day it can be a servant to them.

I step out and lean against a wall, sliding down it. I wipe the sweat from the forehead and lean my head against the cold brick. I look to see the boys joining me and staying silent. Happy almost.

I close my eyes for a moment and then look down at the ground below me.

A few hours have passed and we are dining, enjoying ourselves really. I sip from the horn and look as Bjorn starts speaking of searching more of the Mediterranean Sea and lands. A few men stand with him but the others aren't as pleased with this conversation.

Sigurd speaks up to Ivar and they bicker back and forth about nothing. Well nothing to me. The next thing I know, an axe is thrown. Sigurds body hurtles to Ivar but it falls to the ground at his feet. I part my lips and grasp my cup tightly. Brothers turned against one another.

Ivar looks crushed. His anger gets the best of him. Only hours earlier, a boy I didn't know wanted to marry me now he's laid on the ground with an axe through his heart.

I sip the rest of my drink and drop the horn to the ground. I step away and to the docks to help my men prepare the ship. I stay to myself mostly, whilst ordering them around. Tomorrow I'm home. I'm glad.

I stand and wipe my hands against my pants, looking over to find Bjorn leaned against the dock and looking at me. "Can I help you?" I say and tilt my head to the side. "We leave in the morning." He says and sips from the horn he has. "I know." I nod and move my hair to my back.

I step from the boat and look at him. "Goodnight." I start stepping and step to a small place where someone once lived. I start pulling the armor from my body and sigh softly, sitting on the bed. I bow my head and purse my lips. "Forgive me god.."

I can't remember falling asleep last night. But I wake to shuffling in my room. I sit up quickly and look to see Ivar. He stood up straight with contraptions on his legs. "Good morning." I raise a brow and let out a laugh. "Good morning Ivar. What is that?" I stand and get a closer look at them. "I can stand. That's all the matters." He's slightly taller then me.

"Are you going with us?" I step away and pull my dirty armor on. He looks at me as I do. "Yes. I want to see your home. But I'll come back here once I visit." I nod. "Bjorn said you had a bad feeling about going home?" I nod and put my belt around my waist which holds my sword. "Yes. I left my cousin in charge but what if she's in danger..." I take a breath. "Delfina is a terrible man."

He looks at me and nods. "I understand." He sits down on the small bed and looks up at me. "Do you think badly of me?" He says and I look at him for a moment, then sit beside him. I take his hand. "I don't. But your anger is going to be the death of you.." I say softly and stand again. "Come. We must go." I help him up and we step to the boats.

I get on and look over to Bjorn and Ivar, nodding to say we are ready.

And then we are off.