Surprise.

Finally arriving to my castle after the long boat ride, I step from it only to be greeted by my own guards

Finally arriving to my castle after the long boat ride, I step from it only to be greeted by my own guards. No Cedric in sight. I huff and place my hand onto my sword, shall I have to kill him. "Take me to him." I clench my jaw and we start walking to my old bedroom. I furrow my brows as I open the door to see a woman and him, enveloping each other's lips.

I clear my throat and they pull away from each other. The woman is pregnant. You can tell from her small body with the enormous bump. "Hello Cedric." I tilt my head to the side and looks to me, stepping over. "Queen Isabella." I look to the woman. "This is my... wife.." he pauses before he breaks the news to me. I smile to her. Let's hope he doesn't betray you. I think to myself and she curtsies. "Queen Ophelia Delfina." She looks to me. "I've heard so much about you." I nod to her and then look to Cedric. "All good things I hope."

I turn and start stepping. "I'm going to get myself ready and then see my people." I tell them and Cedric steps from the room after me. She decides to stay back and he walks beside me. "I have left everything the way it is." He says and looks down to me. "I wouldn't betray you." I let out a laugh. "Again." I say and he purses his lips.

"Congratulations on the marriage. And the pregnancy." I say and open the door to my own room. "Thank you.." he says and steps in as well.

I take the belt from my waist as well as my armor, handing it to the servants the line the room. "Get that cleaned please." I roll my sleeves up without thinking about it. Cedric looks down to my arm. "You marked your body?" I look to him and then down at it. "I was hung Cedric and I had to deal with all of that. I've kill more men then you. And all you've done is marry another woman as well as get her pregnant."

He lets out a laugh. "You divorced me. That could've been us Isabella." I nod and laugh sarcastically. "Could have." I lick my lip and look to him. He lets out a breath and takes a step to me. I push my hand against his chest. "You should return to your wife." I look up at him and pull my head back slightly. "Before you make a mistake." His eyes search my face for any emotion but I keep them to myself.

He steps back. "I shall see you in the throne room." He says and leaves the room. I look over to the servants and nod. They come to me and start stripping me of my clothing and helping me wash in the tub. "Wait for me in the other room please." I say and they oblige. I rest my arms on either side of the tub and look out the window to the beautiful blue sky that I had done many times before. Except a lot more has happened.

I pull my arms into the water, sinking into it. I close my eyes and then come out of the water to reveal a snowy terrain.

I take breaths and look around to find Ragnar sat at the edge. "I would be surprised you were not my daughter now. Or bare my grandchildren." He says and I look down to the water. "I'm sorry I failed you." He shakes his head. 

"Ivar is too stubborn and strong-minded." He taps his temple and I sigh. He stands and takes a cloak from his shoulder. I step out of the water and he wraps it around my shoulders. "Who saved me Ragnar?" I look up to him and he looks down at me with bright blue orbs.

"You weren't ready." He speaks and pushes the hair behind my ear. "Freya wanted you to herself. You are a special woman. But I convinced Odin to let you stay." I part my lips and look over to find the man in a black cloak with a gauged out eye. Odin..

He watches us and I look back to Ragnar. "It's time to go." He speaks and starts moving me back to the water. I nod and enter into it, closing my eyes and coming out of it.

I take a breath in and look around my empty washroom. I push my wet hair back and stand from the tub. I step into the room and a towel is wrapped around me. I sit down at the vanity as a brush is ran through my wet hair.

They braid it back and stand me up, putting a dress onto me. I let out a breath and the last touch is my crown.

I make my way down to the throne room and stand in front of everyone. They clap and cheer for me. Their Queen has finally returned. Cedric and Ophelia stand in the middle of the crowd, clapping as well.

It takes me by surprise. My people are loyal beyond belief. I take a gulp and hold my head high. This is what I needed.