Dirt and Swords.

I wake to the door being slammed open, I quickly sit up and hold my blanket to me. "You're late!" There is stood Rollo. I pull the blanket up to my chest and take deep breaths. "How dare you?!" I say and flail my arm, wanting him to leave.

He steps in and lets the servant move in with armor. I furrow my brows. "Made it myself. Gold. It will protect you." He states and I nod. "Ill leave you to it." He steps out and I take breath. I get out of the bed and the lady helps me into the armor. It's heavy but I would assume so.

I look in the mirror and nod. I grin and step down to the small courtyard that my army would train in. It's muddy. I step through the slosh as Rollo is stood there, holding an axe along with a shield. "You look like a Ruler. Not a Queen." He nods and I look at his tattoos that lace his body. "I would expect as much."

I nod and step to the blades. I run my hand over them and furrow my brows. I try to lift one but it's far too heavy for my small arms. I look at Rollo whom is watching me and waiting. "Nothing works." I say and raise a brow towards him.

"You're the Queen. Request one." He says and I roll my eyes, waving someone over. "Get me a sword that is light enough but still has give to it." The man nods quickly and steps away, soon returning. "Here you go my Queen. It's from the starting army." He holds it up from both ends and I take it. It still has weight to it but it will help.

I hold it up and take a shield. "Rollo. Go easy." I nod and he grins. "But My Queen. How will you learn?" He immediately goes at me and I out of a reaction, quickly hold the shield up.

His bash to it makes me fall back into the muddy soil and I hold my hands up out of the dirt. I stand and grab the shield and sword, striking at him. He dodges it almost gracefully. It's starting to make me angry.

I clench my jaw and hit him back with my shield, causing him to easily push back which puts me in this fowl mud. I look up at the sky and breathe. "You're not angry enough. You're not wanting it." He says as he paces around me.

I get up and he bangs his axe against the shield once. I make out a war cry and run at him full force which pushes him down and I'm able to hold my shield between us and my sword aimed at his eye. I breathe heavily and look up to see Caiazzio clapping. "Very good." I move off of him and step over to the man who had given me the sword. I give him the shield and sword back, looking back at Rollo. "Shall we go visit your farm?" I say and he moves from the muddy surface.

We step to the stable that was not too far from the courtyard. Everyone is looking at me due to the fact of being muddy and gross. I have never been allowed to do such a thing.

I hop on the horse and look back at Rollo. "Let's go." I start riding quickly. I feel free. We soon arrive to the farm that's big and has multiple places. I stay on my horse while he gets off and looks over the farm. "It's only yours. Until my people can agree with yours." I nod and take a breath. "I'm willing to help create homes for you." I say and he looks up at me. "Thank you."

I nod and smile softly. "We shall show your people." I am excited for them. Yes they've come to my land. But what's the use if no one uses it?

I turn my horse around. "I'll see you for dinner. Along with your people. We tell them the news." I nod and he gets back on his horse. We start towards the castle and I keep my head up, my horse trotting to the stable. I get off and pet the snout of the creature. "I'll change and clean up then we start with learning the language of your people."

He nods and smiles. I step to the castle and I step to my now bigger room that had been switched during my duties this dawn. I look at the room that housed my mother and father. It's different due to myself moving in. I step to the room where a bath is laid bare. The servants step in and start filling it. It's made of a stone. A bath.

A servant helps me take the armor off and I purse my lips. I feel achy. "Please see to it that this is cleaned." She nods quickly and curtsies. I get into the hot bath and sink into it.

I close my eyes and duck my head under the steaming water.

I lift up out of it to reveal coldness. I breathe out and cold air envelopes it. I look around the snow and it reveals blood with a woman who has a thorned crown placed on her head and a black fabric covering her naked body from head to toe.

As the wind blows she stands there, staring at me. I blink and she's closer to me, slitting my throat.

I slosh into the water then back up quickly, catching my breath. I look around to the dimly lit room.

I cup my throat and look at my head to see none of the crimson.

Who comes to me in the darkest of my mind?