Forced Together.

I wake to the nudging of women trying to pull me from my peaceful slumber

I wake to the nudging of women trying to pull me from my peaceful slumber. I groan and sit up. "You have to wake up. The Prince is waiting for you down by the study." I part my lips and quickly stand. "Come. Quickly. I must not keep him waiting."

They help me into my dress and do the normal hair on myself. I quickly walk down and look around. He's no where to be found. I furrow my brows as I hear chatter coming from behind the door. "Jean. You cannot marry that woman!" I hear a deep voice say. "And why can I not father?" Jean speaks. "She has slept around and she is far from a godly woman. She has bedded several men as well as killed men."

He lets out a laugh. "She's a strong woman. What do you expect father? Someone like her will be good for me." I purse my lips as I hear them speak. "My dear son.. Don't do this to yourself.." a womanly voice speaks. "Mother. I'm going to be king. Just like you wanted. And this is the easiest way to do so." Jean speaks once more. "I know of all the men she's slept with. I know of all the men she's killed. And if I dare be one of them. So be it at least I'll have a title."

I clench my jaw and furrow my brows. A title. Are you quite serious? I huff and roll my eyes, stepping away from the door and to the garden. I step through it and sit down on a stone bench. I look up at the sky as the sun shines down. I close my eyes as I feel it against my cheeks. How could he possibly say something like that? How could he be so off yet so on?

I stay like that for a few moments until I hear someones throat clear. I open my eyes and look to the Boy who stands only a few meters away from me. "Good morning your majesty." I look at him for a moment and then smile. "Good morning." I stand and he takes my hand, gently kissing the top. "The servants said you would be here." I nod and smile fakely. "Here I am."

He nods and I look at him once more. His hair is now cut. Shaved in the back with some a little longer at the top. "Why have you cut your hair?" I tilt my head and he fixes it slightly. "Do you not like it?" He nervously says and I fix the front. "I do." I nod and lick my lips. "Shall we walk?" I say and he nods. We start walking beside one another and stay silent for a moment.

"Queen Isabella, I was thinking about the first moment I had seen you." I hum and look up to him. "Yes? Was this when we were younger or now?" He nods his head once. "Both." I purse my lips and move my hair to behind my back. "Carry on." I say and he clears his throat. "Your father wouldn't introduce you to any men for you to marry. Why is that?" I let out a laugh and cross my arms. "He thought that this world would change. Where a strong woman could lead. He saw that in me."

He nods and bites at his lip. "And what about now?" I raise a brow towards him and he smiles with a cheesy grin. "You are that Queen he pictured. Yet when I saw you. I thought you looked grown up. Beautiful actually. I thought you were to be some old woman until Gisla had reminded me of you."

I let out a laugh. "I'd hope I wasn't some old woman." I cover my mouth as I laugh and he stops me. "Rollo spoke about you. In different ways." He turns me to him and looks to make sure no one is around. I'm frightened almost which is something I rarely am.

"He said he trained you to fight. As well as you kicked his ass." He laughs and takes my hands. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding for relief. I nod my head and laugh. "Yes. I did. I have scars to prove it." I move my hair slightly and show him the healed scar that is placed on my neck. He tilts his head to get a better view of it, running his thumb against it.

"You said scars." He looks down to my features and I lean against the hedge. "I did. But those are under my dress." I raise a brow towards him and he cups my cheek except we are interrupted by his conniving father. "Jean Jacques Concillion!"

He lets out a groan and looks to his father. "Yes father?" He looks back to me and runs his thumb against my cheek, he's flustered. "Later my dear Queen." He speaks softly and leaves me to jog to his father. I bite at my lip, watching him as he walks away. He catches a glimpse back to me and I grip onto my dress. The tension is strong. But I have to keep my mind straight. He's only here for the title.

If his family thinks I'm such a whore. I shall dress like one. But in the most sophisticated way possible. The servants dress me in a red gown that has a low cut out to reveal the chest as well as the sides of my body and breast yet covering my arms. My hair is let in it's normal way of course.

I make my way to the dining room and step in. All eyes are on me. Jean almost chokes on his wine, making a big smile. I step to the table and look around, sitting down in the chair. "You look ravishing." Jean speaks and I smile to him. "As do you." I sip my wine and lean back into the chair.

"How was your day from the last time you seen me?" I look to him and he tilts his head to the side. "Wasn't as exhilarating. But I must say, Your kingdom is beautiful." He sips from his drink and I take mine, gulping it down. "Thank you my dear prince." I speak to him and look to Rollo. He furrows his brows because he knows somethings up. I only drink aggressively when something is wrong. Which it is. Can I not trust a single person?

I look over to the servant who gives me another cup full. I sip on it and set it down, moving my hair to behind my shoulder. The prince speaks up. "King Delfina spoke to me about you." I raise my brow and let out a laugh. "Oh did he? And what did he have to say?" I grab my cup again and sip. "He told me about how you met." I purse my lips and look to his parents. "Did he?" He nods and takes my hand. "Are you alright?" He speaks and I gulp my drink down. "Perfectly lovely." I look to him.

From then. We didn't speak until dinner was over. I go to stand but grip onto the table so I don't fall down from the amount of wine I've had. He quickly stands and takes my arm, wrapping his around my waist. "I will walk you to your room." He speaks and we move together to my room. I let out a few giggles as I almost trip which causes him to laugh. "You are reckless." I let out a louder laugh and continue to step to my room.

"You have no idea Prince Jean Jacques Concillion." I pull out the -illion part and he smiles. He helps me to my bed and sets me down. "Why are you helping me?" I look up to him and lean back on my hands. I tilt my head to the side. "You are drunk and I don't want anyone else to see you like this." He leans down and pulls my shoes from my feet, as well as taking my hair down. I look at him and huff. "You can stop acting as if you truly love me." I put air quotes up along with the love. "No one loves me." I cover my mouth and laugh.

He furrows his brows and looks at me. "What do you speak of?" He pulls the blankets away from the bed and I look to him. I bluntly say. "You are only here for the title. Just like King Delfina was." I wave my hand toward the door and he stands up, crossing his arms. "What do you mean?" I let out a drunken laugh. "I heard your conversation. She's strong. She's beautiful. She can make me a man. Yet all you want is my title!" He parts his lips. "How could you say such a thing?" He clenches his jaw. "You're just a boy Jean. I've been through this several times before. With Vikings and with my own blood. Always want one thing!"

I am getting furious now. "You can leave. I must sleep. We are to be married tomorrow so you can be king." He shakes his head and looks to me. "Goodnight." He steps from the room. I did it now..