Vikings Way.

I sit down in front of the fireplace, warming myself up

I sit down in front of the fireplace, warming myself up. I'm not use to this cold. I look up as the door opens to two blonde women and Laergatha. She holds a dress in her hands along with some fur it seems. I stand up from the ground and look at then. "I have brought you something to wear for tonight." I nod and smile softly. "Thank you. It's quite cold here." I nod and she sits on the ground as the two women start helping me from my armor. "This is Torvi, Bjorn's wife." The slender woman nods and sets the armor aside.

She's beautiful. "This is Margarethe. Ubbe's soon to be wife." She smiles at her and she smiles at me. "It's lovely to meet you both. A lot of the Norse woman are beautiful. If I do say so myself." Laergatha stands and smiles, raking the braid from my hair. "You are quite beautiful yourself."

I could feel my cheeks heat up as she starts braiding the side of my hair with two braids. The tugging is foreign and it slightly hurts. But I stand through the pain. "Why is a Christian like you helping us?" She states and I hold my hands infront of me. "I think that people all need help." I say softly and she puts gold clasps in my hair. "You are going to be an outstanding queen.. but people will try to move over you." She moves to infront of me and takes both hands. "We need to be strong. Us women."

I nod and laugh softly. "I agree." She nods and smiles. "We will see you later by the water." I bow slightly and she does the same.

I'm left alone in the small cabin. The thick dress I wear now is keeping me warm along with the fur.

I decide to venture to see around. I step from my cabin and start stepping through the village. I still have eyes watching me as I walk.

I step into the dining hall and look over at all of the men laughing and drinking. I look at these woman serving the men and getting grabbed and groped. I lean against a pillar, close to a fire pit that is stayed in the middle of the room.

A voice speaks up and I look up at him. "So why is a Christian helping us? They've done nothing but try to destroy us." He is seated and looking at me. "Ivar. Give it a rest. Maybe she's here because she likes us real men."

I let out a scoff because they clearly don't know I can understand their fowl talk against me. I look up to see Floki staring at me and I can see him giggle. He knows that I can understand. "Maybe She would like some of me. A cripple." This Ivar boy speaks up and glances towards me, with a sly laugh.

I step from the pillar and tilt my head to the side, crossing my arms. "I would never want a boy. Even men so full of themselves." I smile and it leaves them speechless. Floki lets out a laugh. "She's quite good." He nods and Ivar furrows his brows.

I step away from them and outside, stepping away. I step down to the water and stand at the beach looking over the water. I look up as Bjorn is stood beside me. I hold my arms and tilt my head to the side. "I met your wife. She's beautiful." I nod and look up at him. He looks down at me and hums. "I know. Rollo told me something."

My mind immediately goes to the nights we spent together. I could my cheeks heat up. "You seen my father." I let out a breath of relief. "Yes.. he's come to my dreams twice." He looks hurt and then looks at the water. "What did he say?"

I look down at the sand. "He spoke of your gods, to help you, and than said you were silly boys." I let out a soft laugh. "He's quite handsome." I nod and purse my lips.

He lets out a soft laugh. "You are gifted." I furrow my brows. "What do you mean?.." I part my lips to speak but am interrupted by a group of boys including Ivar. "Who is this beautiful woman?" One of the boys state and raises a brow. "Come Bjorn. We must get our brother ready." Another says. Ivar watches me and laughs, putting his tongue behind his teeth and then grinning.

Bjorn nods and smiles. "I'll see you later Queen Isabella." I nod and cross my arms. "See you later?" He says as he starts walking but turns to get an answer from me. "Of course." I give a soft smile.

They start stepping away from me but Ivar stays for a moment. "Yes?" I say and raise a brow to him. "I hope to see you tonight." I run my hand over my arms to warm up and nod. "I am attending." He smiles. "Good." He starts moving away using some type of stick to hold himself up to walk.

I stay there for a few moments and then people start coming to the beach. Dancing and singing. Carrying things over their heads as gifts. Laergatha is leading them along with Margaretha. She is wearing a woven crown with flowers through her hair. She smiles brightly.

They carry on soon waiting for Ubbe. I look as all the boys start heading this way. I step to the side of Laergatha and she smiles at me. I smile back and watch as they meet. The ceremony carries on and I tilt my head and watch in awe. They are in love.

If I could be in love. I look up to see Rollo, looking at me. I take a breath and than look back at the couple of the night. We all lead to the dining hall and the drinking begin. The two leave us to consummate their marriage behind closed doors.

I stand there and stay quiet to myself. Rollo steps to me and holds out a horn full of ale. "Here. Drink." I place it to my lips and drink it, wiping my lips with the back of my hand.

"You could be a Viking." He says and I look towards him. "You fit in. The way your hair is and the way your dress fits you so well."

I nod and gulp down the ale. "Laergatha did it. You two seem... acquainted.." I wipe my mouth again and make a slight face. "What is that? Is fowl.." I look up at him and he laughs. "True Ale." He nods and sips his. "I loved her." I nod and take a breath. "How could you not?"

He nods and steps away from me. I lean against a pillar and feel a shift beside me. A figure is leaned against the pillar as well. "Yes Ivar?" I look at him and he leans his head back against it. "I want you." He blatantly states.

I let out a laugh and cover my mouth. The one glass had gotten to my head. I've only had wine before. And this was strong. "I'm sorry..." I apologize. "It's okay Queen. I'll have you." He grins and sips his own ale.

Bjorn steps to me and tilts his head. "Leave her Ivar." I look down at the floor and than Ivar gives Bjorn a look, leaving me and him.

"Did you enjoy the ceremony?" He looks at me and tilts his head to the side and watches as Torvi glances towards us. "I did. It was beautiful." I look up to him and smile. "Have you decided to help me?" He hums and has a stern look upon his face. "Yes. But we must... Make a plan."

I nod and look around the room. "I agree."