Permanent Markings.

As we arrive to a place off of the river that's smells too much like rotting fish

As we arrive to a place off of the river that's smells too much like rotting fish. I furrow my brows and step from the ship as I look at King Harrald, a man whom fought beside us against the two kings. There stood Astrid, Laergathas mistress. Whom now is his wife. I look over to Hvitserk and Ivar. Along with Heahmund. We all step to the hall and I sit down beside the fire. I warm up and look to Hvitserk as he sits beside me.

They start speaking and I look to Astrid. "Astrid my love. Why don't you show Queen Isabella to wash and clean clothes." Harrald speaks up and she nods. I stand and step beside her.

"Why are you no longer with your kingdom?" Astrid speaks and looks to me. "I was forced out by Heahmund.. Then I am practically forced by Ivar." I clench my jaw and she steps me to a small lake. "I will send servants to bring your your clothing." I nod and she leaves me. I pull my clothing from my body and step into the freezing cold lake like I had once done what seems like forever ago. I sink down into it and come back up, pushing my hair back.

It feels nice to soak my sore body. My neck now purple with yellow. I look over to a crack in the woods. Hvitserk steps out of the woods, holding the clothes. "You are far from a servant." I speak and he lets out a laugh, sitting to the ground. "Why must you betray us?" He sits there with the clothes placed neatly to his lap. "I was forced. Which I told Ubbe but I have yet to see him.." I speak to him and run my hands through the water. "He left. He betrayed us." I furrow my brows and tilt my head to the side.

"Why not go with him?" I purse my lips and look to the water. He stands and sets the clothes down. "Because I'm not his dog." He shrugs and clears his throat. "Can I join you?" He speaks and I let out a laugh. "I know you bed my brothers. I'm not an idiot." I stop laughing and cross my arms. "There's something that we like about you." He says and I turn away from him. I look at the view and I hear the water start to splash as he reaches behind me. He moves my hair from behind my neck and I look to the side. "Hvitserk, you don't want to do that." He sees the bruises and runs his fingers against them.

"And what happened?" He speaks and I turn to him. "I was hung and the rope snapped." I look up to him and he nods. "Much like Odin." He says and I look to his chest. "I died. But something pushed me away to bring me back. You are the first person I've told this to. So you better keep your lips shut." I say and look at him. "Did you see it? Valhalla?" He sinks down to where he is eye level. "I seen more then I should have." I speak to him and take a breath.

He starts to move closer but I back slightly. "I have already bedded both brothers. I don't need another." He moves to non eye level and furrows his brows. "We do this.. We share.." he moves his hand to my cheek. "My brothers don't deserve you." He smiles to me and I make a face. "You don't know what I deserve.." I speak and he inches closer to my face.

"But I know what I deserve." He speaks and presses his lips to mine. I melt into the kiss due to the fact of a warm body in the cold water. A voice calls with a laugh. "Hvitserk.. My Sneaky brother." It's Ivar. He looks from me and then Ivar. "I was just keeping her company brother." He continues to stand next to me and then looks down to me. "Brother. Get away from the traitor and come and feast." He nods slowly and Ivar leaves. I follow him and start changing into my clothing. He looks over to me and watches. "Must you watch me?" I scoff and look to him once I'm finished. "I'm admiring."

I shake my head and start stepping, taking my armor with me. I leave him be and meet up with Astrid. "Come. I have more for you to wear." She speaks and I step with her into the cabin. It's warm and she helps me into a dress. "It looks lovely on you." She sits me down and braids my hair, putting some of it up and the other hair down. We step into the dining area and I sit down. Everyone speaks and feasts. I sip the ale that is sat down infront of me by Hvitserk.

I stay silent and look between them as I glance to Astrid who barely listens to them. She's in her own mind. King Harrald speaks up, "Why do you still have no man to love and take care of you?" He looks to me and I lean back against the chair given to me. Ivar speaks up for me, "She can't choose. She is stuck between all of my brothers." I look at him and part my lips, gripping the arms of the chairs.

"Bedded all of them? Even you Ivar?" He lets out a laugh and I raise a brow standing up. I look to Heahmund who is astonished. "Has she yet with you Hvitserk?" Ivar speaks and grins. Hvitserk does not say anything, just sips from his cup.

I lean up in my chair and everyone goes silent. I haven't quite spoken to anyone but Hvitserk and Astrid. I push the chair out and stand. I lean onto the table with my hands and look him in the eye. "You're lucky to have somebody at all in your condition." I grab my ale and toss it into his face, slamming the cup down.

"Speak to me as if I'm not a Queen again and see it I don't put your head on a stake infront of my bigger castle than yours." I stand up straight again and he wipes his face, looking at me through his eyelashes.

I step away and outside, hearing laughter. Probably from something Ivar had said. I make my way to the docks, taking a seat at the edge. My boots hover over the water as I look out of the ocean.

I stay out there for what seems like moments but it's hours. I stand and walk back to the square. I glance over to find Hvitserk with his shirt off and fresh blood on his chest where fresh black markings are.

He wipes the blood from it and looks up to see me. I make my way to him and look at the man sat with the tools. "What is this?" I speak to him and he glances back to the man. "Tattoos." I nod and hum. "It's permanent, as you can see on everyone." I furrow my brows and tilt my head to the side. "I would like one." He lets out a laugh. "Are you sure? Aren't you suppose to be pure?" He looks to me and I raise a brow. "Do I seem pure?"

He looks at me for a moment and grins. "Rightly so.." I look to the man. "I want a band on my arm. Right here." I point to my forearm. He looks at me and shakes his head. "Give the woman the tattoo." Hvitserk says and the man grunts. I turn to Hvitserk and he tugs at the strings that help me loosen my dress, watching me as he does so. I leave the cloth gown on underneath and tug the dress down my arm. I sit in the seat and give the man my arm.

Hvitserk crosses his arms and leans against a pillar watching. The man places a sharp object to my skin and hit the back of the wood over and over. Blood comes out yet I just watch it. Yes it hurts but I have learned to just block it out.

After a few hours it's finished. Hvitserk sat there the whole time, bringing me drinks and some food. We spoke of several different things. Like what Valhalla looked like. I don't mention what seemed like heaven to him. The man wipes the blood from it and wraps it. I stand and Hvitserk steps me to the cabin I'll be staying in.

I stop infront of the door and look up to him. I lick my lips and watch him. "Thank you Hvitserk.. I'm sorry about your brother." He shrugs and leans against the door. "He deserves it. He shouldn't have spoken to you in such a way." I shrug and look around. "Maybe he was right.. But maybe he was wrong." I nod and step into the cabin. "Goodnight Hvitserk." He looks to me and smiles. "Goodnight Isabella." I go to close the door yet he places his hand against it. He looks to me and leans in, pressing his lips softly to mine. I kiss back of course.

"You should join us. Have a kingdom here.. You wouldn't have to marry someone." He lets out a laugh and I shake my head with a small chuckle. "If only I could just be left alone in my own world."

He starts stepping back from me and nods. "Your world is almost perfect.." I smile and look to the ground. "If you only knew.." I close the door and smile. I wrap a small cloth around the band on my arm. I pull the dress down and crawl into the bed wearing the white night gown, covering up. I close my eyes and drift off.