Falling

Vivians POV

Tony brings the family to our basement and I decide to get ready for bed so I can get a few hours of sleep before school. While I take a quick shower to get the graveyard dirt off my body, the only thing running though my mind is Gregory. For the first time since moving here, I feel a connection to someone. I don't feel as alone. It sounds crazy, yes, I just met him and he's a vampire. We barely spoke to each other but yet I know he's the family black sheep like me.

Being along is something I'm common with. Back in Florida I had an abundance of Actual friends, and all my time was consumed with them. Sleep overs, getting picked in morning before school and getting Dunkin' coffee. Going to the beach. Smoking and laughing. Just being surrounded by love and a real connection. Here? I feel nothing. I go out with some girls from school such as Elenor, Paige and Margaret but it's different. I feel so alone.

I get out of the shower, put some pajamas on and am about to lay down when I hear my door creep open. Tony pokes his head in
"Can I sleep with you tonight" he asks.tony has frequent night terrors and sneaks into either my room or my parents often.

I pat the empty bed besides me indicating he can come in. He rushes over and gets in besides me getting himself comfortable.

"Vivian" he speaks in the dark
"Yes"
"Are you going to tell mom and dad?"
"No." I answer honestly
"Vivian" tony says my name again
"Yes"
"Will you help me so they can become human again?"
I pause
"Of course tony. Now get some sleep." And we doze off for the few hours we have

Time lapse to the next day

The alarm goes off for school and I practically have to drag myself out of bed to get ready.
I put my hair into 2 braids, do some quick makeup to cover up my dark circles and slip on my uniform before going down stairs and making myself a double coffee for my thermal cup. I grab an Apple before saying goodbye to my parents and leaving.

Tony doesn't leave for 45 minutes after me since I'm in high school and he's not.

I pray today would be an easy Friday and my prayers are answered. For my second period we have a substitute and they tell us to do work for other classes but we can talk. Perfect.

Bradley McCallister breaks up the conversation between Elenor and I to speak to me.
"Soo Vivian are you coming to the party later? I know you're parents are going on the golf outing with my parents sooo what do you say" Bradley says as he shakes my shoulders
"I guess I could free my schedule for you" I say with a playful eye roll
"That's what I thought" Bradley laughed "we know you can turn down booze and a good time"

Oh Bradley. We have a small history since I've gotten here. He's loves to have fun, like me. And during parties we sometimes hook up. But we keep it casual everywhere else. It's not that I have feelings for him but it voids a hole inside me for the time being.

The rest of the day is a blur. Small quiz. Lunch. Documentary and notes. PowerPoint. Done

Paige walks halfway home with me until the fork in the road where she turns left and I turn Right

"I'll pick you up later" she asks before we part says
"Defiantly" I say and give her a small side hug trying not to wince when she puts pressure on my brushed side

Paige always drives to parties because she's knows as 'one shot Paige' meaning she'll take one shot at the beginning of the party with all our friends and doesn't drink the rest of the night because she says she hates the taste of alcohol and has a good time without it. That's fine by me.

I get home and my parents are already packed
"We're going to wait until tony gets home to say goodbye and then we gotta leave" mom says and she pulls her suitcase to the front door
"There's money on the counter Incase you and tony want to get dinner or Lunch tomorrow. The number of the golf lodge is on the fridge. Oh yeah and there's some chili in the crockpot your mom put on this morning for you both. Whatever you don't eat put in the fridge honey" my dad says and gives me a forehead kiss
"Sounds good" I respond

Tony finally arrives home and my parents say their official goodbye and leave.

" have you been down stairs yet?" Tony Asks and I shake my head no
Tony opens the basement door and runs down and I slowly follow him, my side hurting.

"My parents are gone. It's just Vivian and I" tony says and as I turn the corner the whole family appears
"Goodness tony you're basement is wonderful" freda says "thank you again"
Tony just smiles
"I think it's time for a plan" Gregory speaks and his voice warms my heart
"Agree" Fredrick reprise

We all make a circle to discuss the action. After much deliberation we decide the best thing Would be for tony and I to go to our fathers job with Sunday night and look into the history of Scotland for clues. They also talk about what will happen once they find the amulet. The whole vampire to human thing.
There isn't much to do until Sunday. For now it's lay low and find information.

"What are we doing tonight" tony asks me
"Oh shit. I'm going out tony. Bradley is throwing a party. I have to go or it will be suspicious"
"You're going to leave me home alone?"
"Tony youll be with 5 vampires. You'll be okay"

I look across the circle at Gregory and my heart thumps. I'm talking to Anna about early century fashion when Gregory walks over to us and Anna smiles and leaves.

"We will make sure tony is okay while you're gone" Gregory says
"Thank you. I know he's in good hands" I reply and put my hand on Gregory's shoulder as a gesture I trust him
"When will you be back"
"Not sure. Not too too late"

I slide my hand down from his shoulder to his hand and squeeze it. It's freezing and soft. His face has a very shocked expression. I can't help but smile. He tugs at my heart strings and I think I'm going crazy to think I'm falling for a vampire.

"I like these" Gregory says as he reaches for my braids and slightly Tugs on one. Low key turning me on.
"I'm glad" I respond and bite my lip

I decide to sit own for awhile before I should get ready for the party. I sit on an old milk crate and Gregory leans on a wall opposite from me.

"So" I begin "tell me about being a vampire and living for all these years"
"Where to start" Gregory beings and I listen to his life for a few hours