reunion

Dotties POV

another day...meaning another day trying to distract my children on their losses. Honesty, I felt a loss too...for freda and Fredrick. In the few hours we spent together I felt a tight bond with them, and I know bob felt the same. We connected as parents; we saw the fierce love they had for their children—and ours. We saw how they stood up for us against bobs boss and all the other vampires. But I also felt the loss of rudolf, Anna  and Gregory, who I only met for a few moments.

Why did I feel such a powerful feeling for losing them? Simple. Rudolf (and Anna)were Tony's only real friends, someone who understood tony and accepted him. Gregory. Oh Gregory. He transformed Vivian into something every mother wants her daughter to be—happy and strong. He looked at her with pure love and affection....absolute devotion. I witnessed him jump over to save her, putting his life and his chance of freedom oh the line to save her.  And he did. By the Grace of god he saved her. Our Vivian.

A family like that is once in a life time. And now we are all stuck here without answers, forced to go back to a typical life.  We all had to formulate a story about Rookery and stick to it. We all had to fall asleep at night with a list of questions and 'what if's'. It was torture. Knowing anything, positive or negative, is better than not knowing. Not knowing just eats you up inside until you force yourself to forget—the good and the bad.

But today was a new day, A beautiful and warm Saturday. Tony, bob and I decided to go to a small cafe for lunch and after go to the local farmers market to pick up Fresh produce for the week. Vivian on the other hand couldn't be bothered, she was having one of her days where she would have a dream about Gregory and wake up in an empty bed. Once bob found her sleepwalking in the basement, just staring as If they were going to pop out any moment.

As we walked around picking up corn, peppers and other items I could tell tony was getting restless
"Don't wonder too far hon" I call to him as he venture off to the old hotel and field.

My mind goes back to the vegetables
"Do you want a fresh coffee from the farmers stand?" Bob asks me with a kiss on the Head
"That sounds great dear, and maybe we can sit on the stone wall and just enjoy the scenery" I smile

I pay for the tomatoes and go sit on the wall, waiting for bob. Moments later he arrives with two coffees and a white bag.
"They had fresh made donuts. I got us each one to try" he chuckles
My smile stretches ear to ear. Not only is he the most caring man ever but he just appreciates the little things in life— long weekends, sleeping in an extra half hour, a restaurant that has his favorite soup and of course surprise sweets.

We continue to enjoy the moment. Talking about his work schedule and the new projects he is working on and the promotion that he applied for. We even might plan a trip back to the states for the children and to visit family in a few months, so tony and Vivian can get their minds off the vampire family.

"MOM...DAD" we hear a delightful (and out of breath) call from tony
We both jump up, not knowing what to expect, but to be met with the unexpected.

Besides tony walked five more people. Two adults, a teenager and two children.

"Oh my god" I whisper under my breath
"This can't be real" bob says to me
We stay there staring, it was them, as clear as day. But now they had a more modern look, but it was them.
"Hello Dottie, bob" freda smiles at me
"It's good to see you again"

We both exhale a breath we didn't know we were holding in.
"How. How did this happen" I can feel a tear falling Down my face
"It's a long, long story" Anna laughs
"Where is she, where is Vivian?" Gregory breaks up the small talk
"She's home" Tony frowns "she hasn't been the same. She couldn't stop crying all morning" he tells the small family
"I need to see her. I need to. I've been waiting, I need to tell her I'm sorry for it taking this long." Gregory sounded desperate
"Of course" I said "we can all head back to our house, we can catch up on Every thing" I smiled and my heart felt whole
"Yes, let us go grab the car and we shall meet
You in front of the hotel?" Fredrick asked
"I want to go with them!" Tony pleaded
"There isn't enough room tony" I told him and his smile disappeared
"I will come with you. He can have my spot" Gregory offered
"Okay. We will meet you at the front" bob said and we all headed our separate ways.

"Thank you" I told Gregory on the walk to the car
"Uh—for what" he sounded genuinely confused and embarrassed
"For protecting Vivian"
"I would do anything for me. I love her more than my own life" Gregory said with not a hint of doubt

We rode to the front and the second car followed us.
On the drive we talked to Gregory about being human, how it's been hard on Vivian and what happened to rookery. He was nervous, it was obvious. 

"I hope she is happy to see me"
"Trust me, she will be"