T minus 4 hours

Vivians POV

Being attacked by rookery didn't freak me out as much as it should—but the last week of my life has made me numb to things. I was worried though...worried that if we don't get everything perfectly correct we will always be targeted.

My door bust open and Gregory runs over to me and wraps his arms around my body, squeezing me as if I was going to vanish right before his eyes. He kisses my cheek and forehead.
"I'm so sorry Vivian. So so so sorry." He keeps repeating sorry "I can't believe this happened to you. I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I'm so sorry my love"
I grab his ice cold hands in mine
"There's nothing you could have done. It's okay. I'm okay. He will get what he deserves sooner or later. What is important now is that we collected important information that will give us some insight on the where the amulet might be"
"Only you would be still thinking about the amulet after being attacked"
"Of course. Once we get the amulet. You're human. Once you're human we never have to be apart

We both go down to the vampire-proof living room where everyone is gathered. I can feel their eyes on me. Wondering about my attack. Speculating numerous things. I go to the fridge and grab a glass of orange juice (with pulp of course) and sit down on the couch in between freda and Gregory. Freda holds my empty hand and strokes it with her thumb. Freda makes me feel safe and warm in a motherly type of way and I wish my own mother stayed and sat with me to comfort me instead of going with my dad.

Tony tells us all about the information he found, before the incident. We all devised a plan and everyone had a part... besides me. To go with Gregory and have to worry about my safety with a large quantity of vampires or go With tony, Anna and rudolf to find the amulet. Decisions decisions.
No matter what I always feel like a burden, always in the way.

"I think she should go with tony and rudolf" Fredrick speaks after some time thinking. And we all nod in
agreement.

"Okay so let me be clear here...tony, Anna and I are going to find the amulet but the only clue we have so far is finding Elizabeth's grave since she's the last one known to have the amulet. Gregory is going to the Cliff to call everyone and then once we find the amulet I'll come pick up freda and Fredrick since he's still too week to fly??"

"Correct" multiple voices reply to me in unison

At the moment it was 4 in the afternoon. The moon was tonight. We had roughly 4 hours to get this whole list done. I had no idea how we were going to accomplish everything especially now since my parents were going to be up my ass now.

"Tony I'll tell mom and dad you're out with rudolf and sleeping over. Yes his parents came over and I met them. Me? I'll wait until mom and dad get home, excuse myself for being extremely tired from today's events. Ask respectfully not to be bothered. Go to my room and then sneak out. Only problem is I don't know how we're going to get rudolf and Anna out and to the grave..."

"We have an idea" the three younger ones look at eacother with smiles

"Okay" I nod unable to comprehend anything else at the moment

Two weeks ago I would never think this is what I would be doing. Tonight is going to change my life forever. If we find the stone and the ceremony is completed Gregory and I will be a normal human couple. We can be together and grow old, like both our hearts desire. But, if we fail it would be another 300 years until another chance. Gregory and I would have to continue this relationship in secret, while I grow older and he stays 17. Never getting married and travel together. Never introducing him to my family. One day I would be 70 and he would still be 17. Running from rookery the whole time.

Unless...unless I could convince him to change me. One small bite and the next 300 years would stand still. I would see tony grow old and my parents as well. I would see Tony's future children come and go. And so on. But I would be with Gregory and that's the only thing I want. I would put sunlight and growing old on hold if it meant that I would be able to continue my life with Gregory.

I sound beyond crazy. Willing to literally give up everything for a boy I just met a week ago. But it was something I couldn't explain. Every inch of my body and soul knew he was the once in a life time person. The one that can't get away. The one that makes me internally happy and smile. I would risk it all.

By the end of the night there would be one of two outcomes. 1) Gregory will become human and we will continue our lives together 2) I will become a vampire and we will Continue our lives together

"My sunshine" Gregory speaks and breaks me out of my deep concentration to realize it was only us left in the room. Everyone else going to do their part
"You seem troubled" Gregory spoke again rubbing his thumb across my hand and pressing our foreheads together

"Gregory" I speak softly
"Yes"
"Can you promise me something?"
"Hmmm"
"If we fail tonight promise me...promise me you'll change me"

He snaps away from me and looks me in the eyes. I was unable to read is expression.