Goodbyes

Gregory's POV
*yes I know this is the third chapter in Gregory's POV in a row. But he just because human after 300 years?? Of course he is going to have the spot light for a little*

2 weeks later

It was finally time to Leave the sanctuary in Italy and start our new life back in Scotland, and a real human family. It was going to be strange to continue living a normal life outside the sanctuary without all the workers and the clan. We all owed the workers our lives and will always be grateful for all they have done for us.

Father, Rudolf and I packed our van (yes, our van) with our possessions: clothes, legal documents, shoes, new electronics, blankets and some random items. Today is the day, we're leaving for Scotland once everything is packed up. My parents have their official start day for work. Anna, rudolf and I have our start day of our new schools and we have some apartments to look at. It was surreal, after all this time of waiting it was finally here. This time next week I'll be back with Vivian, holding her hand.

As father loads in the last of the luggage and shuts the trunk I am woken up from my day dreaming.
"It's time to say our goodbyes" mother tells us and we all nod in agreement

Mother and father walk ahead with the 3 of us in the back to the sanctuary workers
"Thank you for everything you all have done for us" mother speaks to everyone "we couldn't have done any of this without you. You're hospitality and kindness will never be forgotten"
"With all your generosity our children will be able to live enriching and fulfilling lives" father adds. Mother gives everyone a heartwarming hug and father shakes each of their hands, walking away to give us the opportunity to say our goodbyes and thank you's.
"Thank you for teaching us what it's truly like
To be human" rudolf goes first and hugs the women and gives the men a hand shake.
"You are all lovely people with pure and beautiful souls. Thank you for everything" Anna says and hugs everyone sweetly

Shit. My turn. I suck at expressing any feelings. And what if I have to hug someone?? Fuck
"Uh—thank you, with out you I wouldn't have any of the opportunities I have now. I wouldn't be able to go out and live a normal and productive life" I pause and look to see everyone smiling at me.
Linda, a middle age women who has always been kind to me, wraps her arms around me and gives me a tight squeeze
"Go get her. When you find her don't ever let her go" she tells me, knowing fully she was talking about Vivian
"I will, I promise" I tell her and finish the goodbyes with Every one else.

After the good byes we load up in the van: father driving (lord help us all), mother in the passenger seat, I sat directly behind her, Anna in the middle, Rudolf behind father.

And we were off....back to Scotland.

Back to Vivian.