Later

Vivian POV
*time lapse 4 months*

I remember falling into the Water, my screams mixed with rookerys. I had no idea what I've done or what will happen. Once the truck hit the water the force knocked me all over and it went dark

The next thing I know I woke up in the hospital, my parents, Tony and police officers.

My parents told the police officer about the incident at my dads job and how rookery broke into the house and grabbed me....they called it an obsession. The police officer finally decided to talk to me and I told him the same thing— that rookery was obsessed with me and drove off the cliff.

Crazy enough, rookery survived. But since no one else believed in vampires and rookerys history of being unhinged the police didn't think twice against our story

But that was four months ago. What happened to everyone after the night? It's a mystery.

Tony said they evaporated...all of them once the ritual was completed. It was as if they were never there. And since then there was so sign of them.

My parents begged both tony and I to try and get back into the normal schedule. To try and forget about it. But we both couldn't

Tony lost his only two friends and I lost Gregory, the love of my life. It ate me up inside that I had no idea what happened to him. Where his is and what he remembers. If anything even happened at all or did they just really disappear.

The first few days were the worst, being stuck in the hospital with only my thoughts. My friends came to visit (news travels fast). The girls brought flowers and donuts and sat with me for hours but I didn't want them there. Bradley came was well and tried to comfort me.

Everyone knew I was sad and different but didn't know why. They thought it was because I was attacked, kidnapped and almost drowned but the real reason was because I felt empty inside.

My heart didn't beat the same anymore. Once leaving the hospital it got worse. I couldn't sleep. Everytime I closed my eyes I pictured myself in the truck about to die and then I imagine all the ways he could have 'vanished' as tony said. I tried to close my eyes and concentrate really hard to connect with Gregory.

Two weeks passed after getting home and my mom and dad decided it was the best I went back to school, to try and interact with people again. To put on a brave face

At school I got weird looks but the girls always had my back. They didn't ask many questions which I was grateful for.

As the days and weeks passed I woke up crying and would walk to the basement and remember the family that once was there. Tony had it worse, he was more spiritually attached to them. He crawled into my bed at night and we would talk about the possibilities.

After 2 and half months I stared going to parties again and drinking until I become numb. I knew I couldn't be numb forever but I couldn't get myself out of it.

Three months after my parents were still concerned about me. Freda told me about the rare bond Gregory and I shared, how when a vampire finds their true love they are connected to that person. Gregory and I had that connection, that's how we knew instantly we were in love

And losing the person you love is life changing; especially with no closure

It wasn't as if my heart was empty but just missing something. Not a black hole but as if there was a miss placed piece.

I think my parents are scared to talk to me, as if I was going to break. They are scared for tony because he still is getting bullied and now his obsession with vampires is stronger. But they can't say anything because they know now vampires are real....were real.

I remember finally being able to open up to my mom and tell her everything. About bring in love and finding the amulet. It was nice to finally have a relationship with her but I just wish I didn't cost what it did.

Four months.

Four months of wondering and waiting.

Four months of constantly crying and sleepless nights

Four months of putting on a brave face and trying to go back to life as it use to be. Pretending to have fun and fake laughing.

I knew I would see Gregory again. Maybe not soon. Maybe not in this life. But I know I will