Chapter 30.

VOTE AND COMMENT❤️❤️

The next morning I woke up alone.
It was only 9am and the sheets were cold, and I knew Romeo had never intended to sleep next to me anyways.
He probably slept with Deigo last night. I sighed and stretched across the bed. They were all loyal to Emiliano only. None of them were really my friends.

I felt tears gathering in my eyes and running down my cheeks. I wanted to go home.

I had never felt more alone.

I got up and walked back to my room surprised to see Emiliano still asleep. Not feeling like myself, I crawled in next to him and hid my face in his neck. Crying softly.

His arms caged around me protectively and I had never felt more safe, and secure, and wanted in my life. But he didn't love me. He said so himself.

"What's wrong?" Emiliano said hoarsely hugging me tighter.

"I'm sorry. I made a mistake" I cried harder into his shoulder.

He pulled me on top of him before sitting up and holding me properly.

"Shhh. Shhh. It's okay Cariño. Just tell me what's wrong." he whispered stroking my hair gently.

"I - I'm sorry Emiliano. You'll send me away after I tell you" I said looking up at him with tear filled eyes.

"Never" he said softly wiping the tears from under my eyes, but more just kept falling.

"No.. I know you will. You told me from the beginning that I was just your slut until you got bored of me, but.... It was an accident I swear" I said bitterly.

"Shhh. Just tell me Alessandra. I promise I won't send you away". But I knew differently. I knew as soon as I spoke I would be on the first ride home. He doesn't love me.

I stopped crying and froze. I probably looked so weak. I was crying over the fact that I love him and I knew he didn't feel the same way. I took a deep breathes, but still found myself unable to let go of him. We sat like that for hours, with me on his lap and my face in neck. And him holding me gently and caressing my hair.

"I'm sorry I woke you up like that. I was just being dramatic" I said in a monotonous voice.
His chin was resting on top of my head and his back was leaning against the headboard, but I knew he was listening. He always was.

"Your issues are always important... Even if it is dramatic" he murmured making my heart clench involuntarily. He was so sweet. So loving when he wanted to be and that was all I needed. All I wanted was to feel secure and safe, and that's what Emiliano made me feel.

I love him.

The more I repeat it in my head the more I believe it. The more I feel like I know what I'm feeling. I'm in love for the first time in my life, but I feel scared.
My thoughts were whirling in my head as I fell asleep listening to his steady heart beat. Ba dum. Ba dum. Ba dum.

It was already late afternoon when I woke up again not surprised to find Emiliano next to me working away on his laptop.

It made me happy knowing he had stayed with me the whole time while I slept. But I would have been happier if he had slept with me.

I didn't bother opening my eyes but I knew he knew that I was awake. Maybe it was the way I moved impossibly closer to him or maybe it was the way my hand traced his muscular abdomen that gave me away, but he knew.

I sighed in content enjoying the moment we were having together. Until the door was slammed open and Olivia walked with an angry face, I pretended to not have woken up, I kept my eyes closed as if I was sleeping.

"Emiliano King. I've been looking for you all day, and I have to find you in bed with this slut." she screeched like a banshee. I winced slightly from the sound of her shrill voice but Emiliano mistook it as me being hurt by her words.

His eyes narrowed in slits and his jaw clenched as he glared at her coldly.
If looks could kill she'd be long gone.

"You're the only slut I can see in the vacinty, you throw yourself at men who don't want you when your at your best."

"I can't belive you're defending her. She nothing but a money chasing bitch" Olivia yelled loudly.

"And you aren't? Fuck off" Emiliano spat. I groaned pretending to wake up because of all the noise. I'd have to be a sloth to sleep through all the yelling.

"Ciao, amore mio. I hope you slept well" Emiliano cooed placing a chaste kiss to my lips.

"Śi, Caro. Perché stai urlando?" I asked snuggling against him.

"Speak fucking English" the banshee whined coming closer to the bed. My face instantly became cold as I sat up.

"Pourquoi es-tu ici?" I grumbled in French just to irritate her. I got out of bed and walked out the door leaving Emiliano with his troubled past while I went to eat.

I ran down the stairs almost falling at one point but quickly caught myself.
I heard peals of laughter form the bottom of the steps and looked down to see Romeo laughing hysterically.

"Oh God. That was funny" he snorted as he started laughing again.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.
"It wasn't that funny" I said bemused.

His eyes seemed to flicker to my neck more than once and I realized it was because of the bruises.

"What's wrong?" I asked not beating around the bush.

He looked uncomfortable as he averted his gaze at anything but me.

"Just tell me Romeo" I sighed rolling my eyes for the second time.

"Don't tell anyone I asked you this, but... Are you okay?" he questioned looking sincerely worried for me.
I was confused at what he was talking about. Did I not look okay?

"Yes. I'm perfectly fine" I answered shrugging.

"No. I meant like... Here. Are you okay with being here? I didn't want to say anything since it hasn't happen in a while and your relationship seemed to be going to well. But I know Emiliano can't control his temper and I don't want you to feel like it's okay that he does that to you. He is my boss and all and I am loyal to him..
But if you want leave, if you feel like you don't have a choi-" I held up my hands stopping him mid speech.

" Romeo, Emiliano doesn't abuse me... Well he does, but not badly. " I assured him giving him a knowing look. " He does care and I know I push his buttons all the time, but what happens after that is all my fault."

"No. Alessandra. Men don't hit women when they're angry. It's not okay and you shouldn't believe that it is." he insisted taking my hands.

But I didn't understand, the way Emiliano treated me was the best I had ever been treated in my life. Yes he did hit me sometimes but that was nothing compared to before.

" Emiliano treats me better that I've ever been treated before. Being choked a couple of times doesn't compare to before and I would gladly live with this than go back to what I'm used to. And he only choked me coz he thought I would get an abortion " I said not realizing that I was crying.

But why? I wasn't sad and I wasn't hurt... So why was I suddenly feeling so horrible.

You're pregnant?" Romeo asked in shock. But I just shook my head in response.