• Haunting Memories •

- 9 years later -

5:45 AM
It was always around this time that I was awoken from my nightmares of the past that comes back to haunt me.

They always seem to overload my head. I can't have control over the emotions swarming around my head. It's the feeling of drowning in my thoughts and memories. No way to live.

It always started with a blinding, bright light that I'm sure people could spot from afar. The source of light was a strange green colour, beautiful as it may seem this was no light you'd want to see and cherish forever.
After the flash of green light, I'd watch as my house exploded outwards, spewing pieces of brick and shards of glass everywhere that shattered into millions of pieces on the ground.

This would replay in repeat over and over in my head, from the little shards of glass-forming back into the crystal clear windows, to the little pieces of bricks and grovel forming back into sturdy walls as the same flash of green light would appear and make it happen all over again.

It was like re-living that event over in my head every night.

I screamed as my eyes shot open, beads of sweat dripping from my forehead and breathing heavily beyond control as my mind raced with thoughts.

I looked over at my alarm clock to see the same time displayed.
'5:45, as per usual I said to myself as I rubbed my eyes from exhaustion and through frustration.

Amelia had come up from downstairs, sat on my bed beside me and passed over a glass of cold water. I sat up onto my bed, extending my hands out to take the glass from her hands.

"Nightmare?" She asked, knowing the answer.

"Nightmare..." I said, taking a small sip from the cold glass of water.
"Why are you up so early?" I asked her, resting my hand on my throbbing forehead.

"Aunt Lisa woke me up, said to be up for Breakfast as we have a long day ahead of us," Amelia answered while shrugging her shoulders.

"Fun," I said sarcastically while placing my cold glass of water on my nightstand.

"Aunt Lisa said for you to come downstairs when you're ready, take all the time you need is," she said as she got up from her previous spot beside me to walk towards the door, making her way back downstairs.

Amelia was always there for me during these sorts of times, it's as if she could sense when I was in distress.

I and Amelia learned about our strange abilities after the incident nine years ago, for some reason our abilities are different.

I was able to manipulate fire, only It wasn't fully under my control yet. Certain emotions would cause flames to randomly consume my body, taking over my abilities to Control it, these emotions being anger, sadness fear, you name it.

My twin sisters abilities were rather different than mines. She claims that she can talk to creatures but I have yet to see these abilities for myself

Our father was an animagus so My aunt suspects that either myself or my sister will continue with that ability.

An Animagus is a witch or wizard with the rare ability to transform into a particular animal at will. The Animagus spell is very difficult and dangerous to perform, one of us would be extremely lucky if we mastered it.

My sister's eyes are a rare colour of purple. This was partly why her middle name is violet. My sister wears glasses as for me I do not.

Another thing we both picked up on is that somehow we were able to detect each other's emotions and think alike. Hence the reason Amelia is always thereafter one of my continues haunting nightmares.