• End of year four •

I couldn't trust anyone anymore.

Not even my sister.

I stopped talking to people, i stopped eating my favourite foods. I struggled to get to sleep at night. As if that wasn't already a problem.

I didn't take part in anything around me anymore. I didn't care enough.

I was walking down the school halls, letting my reckless thoughts over come me. Flashes of Cedric's death haunting me where ever I went.

I stop for a second, feeling a headache coming on and find somewhere to sit. When the pain goes, I look around and notice Malfoy is sitting off the school grounds alone with his head down.

The news about his father being sentenced to Azkaban spread around the school rather quickly, as rumours do, but i couldn't find the strength to care. If his dad wasn't such a prick, I would maybe considered how he was feeling.

He did look like he needed someone right now. A friend perhaps. But I don't think he sees me in that way. At least not anymore I don't think.

Fuck it.

I walked up to him, trying not to disturb the peace and stopped in front of him.

Either he chose not to acknowledge I was there  or he genuinely didn't see me coming because of his hair falling into his eyes.

"You alright, Malfoy?" I called receiving no response as expected. It was already clear he had been crying. I kneeled down in front of him.

"I heard what happend," I say, hoping that he would just look at me.

His head moved a bit but not enough for me to see his eyes.

It broke a piece inside of me I didn't even know I had. I knew I was probably only making it worse for him.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't of interfered. I'll leave," I said, collecting my bag and walking back, not daring to take another glance back at him.

He needed to be alone.

_________________

Everyone was gathered in the school hall.

Dumbledore stood in front of us all.

"Today we acknowledge a terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard-working infinitely, fair minded and, most importantly a fierce fierce friend. Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see...Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldermort!" He shouts, making heads fall to the ground sadly.

I couldn't look up as he spoke. Elizabeth grabbed my hand for comfort as he continued.

"The ministry of magic does not wish for me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me and reminds us all that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues...our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true, right to the very end."

________________

Everyone gathers in the school grounds to say their finale farewells to the two schools before they return home.

I spot the trio and Amelia together happily talking to one another.

"Hey," I greet.

"Hey," Ron says.

"Hi," Harry says.

I notice Hermione turning away from me. Shrugging it off as nothing, i fix my bag to sit on my shoulder properly.

"Doing anything nice for the holidays?" I ask.

"Nope," Harry frowns.

"Ah. Sorry, Harry," I cringe, forgetting he has to go back to those Dudley's.

"I think mum's taking us on holiday to see Charlie, so that'll be nice," Ron shrugs.

"Nice," I smile.

I look at Mione, waiting for her to reply but she doesn't even look at me, making me frown.

"Ok, Well...I guess I'll see yous all after the school break," I said, making them nod.

"Yeah, see you later, {Y/n}," they say making me smile.

"Cool," I say, turning to leave.

"Wait up!" Amelia calls, hugging everyone before running up to me. I give her a small smile and walk silently to the train station.

On the train, I look out the window, replaying scenes in my head again and again hoping it'll pass the time so I could be back in my bed, away from the world.

I'm hoping next term isn't as bad as this year's been.

Although, I doubt it very much.