• Just a friend •

• Amelia's pov •

"This is mad, at this rate we'll be the only ones left without a date." Ron whined, Professor Snape roughly pushed his head down to face his work.

"Well, except for Neville." He laughs.

"Yeah he can take himself." Harry joins in, Mione turned to them with rage.

"Might interest you to know that Neville has already got someone." She says writing down vigorously on her paper.

"Awh, now am really depressed." Ron whined.

Ron's eyes wondered across the table to were (Y/n) was sitting writing in her book, listening to music.

"Wait, Do you reckon (Y/n) has a date?" Ron whispered all of a sudden, catching me off guard as he continued staring at her with preying eyes.

"I wouldn't..." I say, looking at her sadly.

"Why not?" He asked, but Fred itterupts us with a note.

- Get a move on or all the good ones will have gone.

"Who you going with then?" Ron asked his brother who smirked giving him the 'watch this' look. He threw a piece of paper at Angelina Johnstone. She turns to him with annoyance.

He begins using silly hand gestures to her, mouthing;
'Do you wanna go to the ball with me'

Angelina replies 'yes' rather flustered.

Fred looks back at Ron and winked. Ron sighed and turned to Hermione.

"Well Hermione, your a girl." He began, not seeing that professor Snape was gaining on him.

"Well spotted." She scoffed.

"Wanna go-" Ron was hit across the head with a book before Harry.

I held in my laugh, but knew if y/n wasn't so caught up in her work, she would of been on the floor in stitches from laughing so much.

"It's bad enough a boy being alone, but a girl? that's just sad." Ron said.

Judging by the look Hermione was giving, things weren't looking good for the red head.

"I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone has asked me." She said, standing and handing her work to Snape. She came back and collected all her stuff.

"And I said yes." She said, leaving Ron's dumbfounded self behind.

"Wait up." I whisper, quickly scribbling down the last lines of my work before handing it to Snape and leaving with her.

10 minutes later, Harry and Ron came out making us stand as we had sat waiting for them to finish.

"It's about time." I said, lifting my bag to sit properly on my shoulder.

"Come on." Mione said.

"I'll catch up. I just need to speak with Amelia for a moment," Harry said, making me turn to him with fear.

"Have I done something?" I questioned, making him frantically wave around his hands.

"No, no. Nothing like that, i was wondering if you wanted to go to the ball with...me?" He asked, making my heart stop for a moment.

'Harry potter just asked me to go to the freaking ball with him!' I squealed to myself.

"Sure. To be honest I was afraid you'd never ask." I admit watching his face softy heat up from my comment.

"Brilliant." He smiled.

I smiled back but a wash of dread dawned me.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, noticing my change in behaviour.