• Time Turner •

I woke up with a shot and heard the sounds of my parents screaming.

I looked around and noticed that I was in the hospital wing.

'How did I manage to get here?' I questioned, feeling the rough fabric that was wrapped around my side.

I unfold the bandage to see the scratch engraved in my skin by Professor Lupin.

"That's going to leave a scar," I said before jumping to the sound of Hermione's voice ringing in my ears.

"(Y/n)! that's not healed yet, keep the bandage on!" She scolds me from across the room.

"Sorry Mione. Where's Amelia?" I asked searching the room for her face with worry.

"Don't worry, shes perfectly fine. She was sent back to her dormitories after spending the night with you." She explained, making me calm knowing she was safe.

"That was dangerous what you did for us back there." She continued.

"I know I shouldn't have but I wanted to help." I said looking down at my lap sadly.

"Are you kidding me? You helped us a lot out there today. More than enough," she smiled.

"Yeah, it was wicked! Kinda scary though." Ron said out of nowhere.

"I'm just glad you are all ok," I replied looking amongst the golden trio, happily.

"Oh. You have a letter, but no one knows who it's from," Hermione says pointing to a white envelope sealed with a black and green ribbon on my nightstand.

I nod my thanks and spot my ring on the table as well. I immediately take it and put it back on, placing the letter inside the pocket of my hoodie as well before turning to face the door as the Headmaster entered.

"Headmaster you've got to stop them, they've got the wrong man." Hermione cried to the Professor.

"It's true sir, Sirius is innocent," Harry confirmed as I sat up on my bed.

"It was Scabbers who did it," Ron said making the professor turn to him in confusion.

"Scabbers?"

"Yeah, his pet rat," I said stretching my back.

"What are you doing out of bed?" Hermione hissed through gritted teeth as I continued stretching.

"Oh I'm not missing out on this," I said looking at h r knowingly.

"Have I missed something?" Harry questioned.

I looked back at the Professor who still had a confused expression on his face.

Dumbledore walked past us towards Ron's bed.

"A child's voice, honest and true is meaningful to those who have forgotten how to listen." He said, tapping Ron's injured leg making the redhead whimper in pain.

The bells of Hogwarts rang and Dumbledore looked at us.

"Mysterious thing time. Powerful and when meddled with dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower. You know the rules miss Granger, you must not be seen and you would do well to return before this last time. If not the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight you may save more than one innocent life." He explained.

"Three times should do the trick." He said before heading for the door to leave, but stopped and turned to say one last thing.

"Oh, by the way when in doubt I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin, Good luck." He finished then closed the doors behind him to leave us to it.