01. anatomy park

*this chapter has been edited. please enjoy!
please read my book evermore for notes on cas as a character and her abilities. also, since it's generating some comments, cas doesn't swear often not because she's "sweet" and "bright" but because i like using creative words. that's all. thank you!*

Cassiopeia's adjustment into the Smith household had been rather rocky

Cassiopeia's adjustment into the Smith household had been rather rocky. Cas originally planned to stay in a hotel not far from the house but Rick was quick to voice how 'inconvenient' it would be to his word. He was rather vocal about not wanting to portal to the hotel and then to the location of the adventure instead of just going to the adventure. After much convincing, using both Morty as a scapegoat and Rick's 'guilt' of leaving his daughter, Beth had finally agreed to letting Cas stay in the guest room.

Jerry had been the most hesitant about Cas in the house, it was partially reasonable as she was a stranger. While Cas had a great personality and Jerry prayed the girl would be a good influence on Rick, much like Beth was hoping, he couldn't help but be wary of the girl due to her abilities and her unnatural hair color. Though, he warmed up to girl once he noticed the slightest of change in Rick. As well when she began to actual thank him for his hospitality and pay him back in small ways like helping around the house, unlike Rick.

Cas was a kind hearted person and with Rick's attitude and loose morals, they were polar opposites. Cas didn't notice yet but everyone else noticed how Rick has warmed up to the presence of Cas and even made small gestures towards her. Glances or simply passing something without a sarcastic and rude comment paired with it. Even his former annoyed comments had turned to more sarcastic like it was a banter between the two. According to Beth, who was quick to enjoy Cas' presence in the house, it was the little things that counted when it came to building a friendship.

Cas had only been on a small handful of adventures with Rick and Morty since she joined the partnership but she had grown to have a deep admiration for Rick. She wasn't ashamed to admit to herself she found Rick strangely attractive and it was no secret the man aged well. He was incredibly smart and that was certainly something that attracted Cas even more. Cas was rarely shy about her emotions before joining the Smith household. However, she knew that when it came to Rick, someone who buried his emotions much like he did, Cas knew this wasn't something she could be open about. It was more so something she hoped that if she buried, it would eventually fade away.

Rick, on the other hand, hated to admit it to anyone but Cas was a great help on their adventures. Her powers made the adventures go slightly more smoothly than they would have without her. Rick also hated to admit that she was right when they had first met. After their second mission and a drunken game of taking shots, Rick had developed a respect for the girl after seeing how much alcohol she could take before even feeling slightly tipsy. Cas wasn't big when it came to drinking but yet again, it was the little things that counted when building a friendship and Cas was never one to half-ass anything. She was determined to get Rick to at least consider her more than just someone who helped on his adventures with Morty.