23. rest and ricklaxation

*not much here today. the scenes in the toxic world will be in italics because it's easier to help separate them. anyways, enjoy! i'm not super proud of this but i was just proud enough to post it lmao. this is edited for grammatical errors btw*

"Everybody fuck off," Rick said, putting his hand on Morty's shoulder

"Everybody fuck off," Rick said, putting his hand on Morty's shoulder. Cas stood behind him, a bright smile on her face towards the three girls Morty stood in front of. She recognized one as Jessica based upon Morty's description of her and from their infamous party months ago. Cas saw the frown on Morty's face as Rick led him away from Jessica and her friends. "Morty, we need your help. W-w-w-we need to go on a quick adventure," Rick told him.

"You said I could go to school today," Morty whined, glancing back at Jessica.

"That was before I needed something, Morty," Rick burped out. "There's a plasma shard in the Abadango Cluster. A princess has it. If I get it, I'll be awesome." Cas rose a brow at Rick, "Cas and I will be awesome," Rick corrected.

"We're a package deal, darlin'," Cas added.

"We've been going non-stop, Rick. It's not healthy," Morty told them. "I can see how tired Cas is. I'm tired too. These are my teenage years. I just found out Jessica is single," Morty said, glancing back at the red head once more.

"Oh, thats - Wow, Morty. Wow. What an exciting life you lead," Rick said sarcastically as he shot a portal. "Let's go. In and out, 20 minutes adventure."

Morty sighed, looking back to Jessica and her friends for one last time before up to Cas, as if asking her opinion on what to do. "I never dated anyone or had any friends in high school and look how great I'm doing," Cas said, motioning to Rick. Morty's face fell at that but he sighed nonetheless, walking through the portal behind Cas.

Rick's supposed '20 minutes' had turned into almost a week of constant and grueling fighting to get this small shard. Cas didn't think she had ever used her abilities more in the span of 6 days than she had those past few days. Morty was right before when he said she was tired but now she was utterly exhausted, over worked and just wanted to lay on her shared futon on never get up. Thankfully, after a brief ceremony of the princess gifting them the shard and some medals, all seemed to point to finally going home. She slumped into the passenger seat of the ship, immediately putting her head on the dash.

Rick and Morty sighed loudly and Cas' body shook slightly from the pain of the current adventure and the pain in leg that still ached from the adventure with Jerry. "Fuck," Rick sighed out, putting his head in his hands. Morty sobbed out loudly as Cas didn't even move from having her head on the dash, even when Rick let out a stressed scream.