26. the ABC's of beth

*omg hi! anyways okay, so there's some more gravity falls references in this chapter, if you haven't seen gravity falls, that's alright but this chapter does follow the episode of rick and morty as well so i don't recommend skipping this one because the end is kind of important (it's also a little rushed. i'll be editing to make more sense soon). all you need to know about it is cas is being haunted in her dreams by the main villain of gravity falls who is supposedly dead. i hope y'all enjoy!*

It wasn't often that Rick allowed music while he worked but every once in a while, if Cas asked nice enough (more like begged with her best pair of puppy eyes), Rick would allow her to softly play her own playlist

It wasn't often that Rick allowed music while he worked but every once in a while, if Cas asked nice enough (more like begged with her best pair of puppy eyes), Rick would allow her to softly play her own playlist. It was mostly music from the 60s, 70s and 80s, which Rick wasn't complaining about, but occasionally a more modern song would come on that Rick didn't care for but Cas seemed too. Cas was adamant about her lack of musical ability but Rick couldn't help but let a ghost of a smile come to his face as she whispered quietly along to the lyrics, specifically the Beatles, though he wasn't surprised by that with her shared birthday with one of them.

As one song ended, another would play and Cas would occasionally glance over at Rick as she quietly sang along, as if pretending to serenade him.

"You know what your problem is?" Rick asked as he continued to mess with whatever it was he was building, a slight teasing tone in his voice which made Cas raise an eyebrow. "You're really cute so no ones ever told you to stop. So now, here you are in my garage, singing Blondie while I'm trying to work." Rick pointed out, leaning back in his seat as Cas smiled at him.

"All I'm hearing, darlin', is that you think I'm cute," Cas grinned, using her glowing green hand to move Rick's rolling chair closer to where she sat on his workbench. Rick didn't even attempt to stop her as she hopped off his bench and onto his lap, straddling him as she continued to lip sync along to the voice of Debbie Harry. "I don't blame you though, I'm pretty fucking adorable," Cas teased, nudging her nose softly against his. Rick rolled his eyes at her but still, the ghost of a smile didn't leave his features, even as Cas put her lips on his.

His hands moved to her waist, clutching the bottom of her shirt as her fingers gripped softly at the blue hairs on the back of his neck. Debbie Harry's voice sang the tail end of the infamous song, Call Me, as Cas shifted on Rick's lap. For a moment, it felt like everything was normal for Cas. She hadn't had a night terror in what felt like weeks but was only a few days and she finally felt like she was truly taking care of herself.

Until the next song played.

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when," Cas tensed up at the sound of Vera Lynn's voice replacing Debbie Harry. "But I know we'll meet again some sunny day." She couldn't control it as she pushed herself off Rick suddenly, accidentally ramming her back into the edge of the workbench. She winced at the pain but it was the last thing on her mind. Rick, who's chair was pushed back by Cas' small burst of green energy, cocked his head in confusion. Cas' hands shook, a few green wisps coming to her hands and a few tears plucked at her eyes as she tried to calm herself but the anxiety levels were raising and Rick wasn't sure what to do. For Rick, it was difficult to tell which type of comfort she needed at times. Cas was difficult to comfort as sometimes she just needed someone to hold her and other times she was so terrified to touch someone that she didn't want them nearby. When Cas got emotional, her abilities would act up and since Bird Person's wedding where her veins glowed and then the Toxic version of herself bringing those fears back to the surface, she had been terrified of her emotions getting out of control.