18. the rickshank rickdemption

*its season three (my favorite season) time y'all !!! um so, i did a lot of research on electromagnetic energy manipulation and other parts of cas' abilities to be on the look out for some new found abilities for cas to have. anyways, get buckled in for season three (and unedited chapters, oooo) and i hope you enjoy this chapter and the incorrect quote. also this is edited for grammatical errors!*

"Anyway, that's how I escaped from space prison!" Rick cheered inside the false Shoney's

"Anyway, that's how I escaped from space prison!" Rick cheered inside the false Shoney's. He knew it wasn't real and was simply a trick from the Federation but he played the scenario out anyways. It almost felt nice to have his family next to him and Cas gripping his hand even if she wasn't actually there. The unknown knowledge of what happened to Cas plagued him ever since he was thrown in the prison. He didn't know if she was in the prison somewhere as well, back home, or lost somewhere waiting for him. "Oh, scary place," He added.

"Wow, Rick! That's - that's one - one heck of a story," Morty commented in awe. "I sure do wish I could have been there to see it happen."

"Me too!" Cas chimed in, "I missed not having you here, darlin'!" Her smile was soft and Rick's heart ached at that. He'd never admit it out loud, but he missed the sound of her voice calling him that pet name.

"Oh, come on. Who wants to watch a mad scientist use handmade sci-fi tools to take out highly trained alien guards when we can sit here and be a family at Shoney's?" Rick asked and Cas rose her hand for a moment before putting it down with a sheepish smile.

"Dad, it's great to have you back, no matter where we are," Beth began. "But wouldn't you like to go home?"

"Emotionally speaking, honey, Shoney's is my home." Rick replied, his coffee sloshing around in his cup as he said so.

"Yeah, but you just got out of prison. How much of a step up from that is-" Jerry was quickly interrupted by Rick. "Jerry, get out of the booth, take all your clothes off and fold yourself 12 times." Rick demanded and watched Jerry follow exactly what he said, expect only six times instead of twelve. "W-w-what have you guys got me in a Series 9,000? You cheap insect fucks didn't think I was worth your best equipment?" He asked out loud as he felt Cas' hand leave his as the family dissolved away.

"Man, I told the money bugs." A Gromflamite, Cornvelious Daniel, stood from the booth behind Rick and walked to sit in front of him. "I said 'You know who this guy is, right? You want me to get intel out of the smartest mammal in the galaxy, you better get me a decent brainalyzer.'"

"Well, you might as well order some pancakes, because I don't see the need to leave this part of my brain," Rick replied.

"Oh, I think you do. Eventually, you're either gonna relax your cerebellum..." Cornvelious was interrupted by Rick corrected the name of the restaurant they sat in. "... or the Series 9000 is going to turn it into mush." Cornvelious Daniel went to sip from his own mug but stopped as a butt appeared inside it, farting into his face.