12. get schwifty

* so those incorrect quotes i mentioned. i started using them to help figure out a dynamic between rick and cas and wanted to share them. (update: yeah wattpad deleted some of my pics of the incorrect quotes so sorry sometimes they are there and some times they aren't). anyways, enjoy this lovely sort of filler chapter with a subtle parks and rec reference! it's not my best work but it's something lmao. this is edited for grammatical errors btw.*

Cas leaned back against Rick as the two sat on the couch, Morty next to them as the news played

Cas leaned back against Rick as the two sat on the couch, Morty next to them as the news played. She tossed a small pair of magnetic balls around her hands, green wisps coating her fingers as the magnets twisted through her fingers, taking different shapes as they did. Cas wasn't paying attention to the news that much, her focus more so on the fact that Rick's arm was around her, his hand resting on her stomach as she leaned against him, her back at a sideways angle to rest against his chest. Physical affection, outside of 'extra curricular activities' as Rick so eloquently put it, wasn't always Rick's strong suit of showing affection. In fact, showing affection wasn't a strong suit to begin with for him but Cas enjoyed the rare times that he did show affection. It was usually a hand around her waist or something small like that.

Cas let out a content sigh before the news interrupted the boring movie Rick had turned on.

"Show me what you got! I want to see what you got!" The large head on the tv shouted, causing a lamp post to fall over and the newscaster to run out of frame.

"Oh boy, time to go," Rick said and shut off the tv.

"Damn it," Cas mumbled but stood up as Morty furrowed his eyebrows. "I was really hoping nothing bizarre would happen today," She whined slightly but smiled as well to show she was still ready for whatever the giant head adventure would throw at her.

"Uh, where are we going?" He asked and Rick pulled his sunglasses out and put them on his face. Morty stood up, getting ready to walk out with the couple.

"The pentagon," Rick responded dramatically. "I mean.. not the pentagon. The lame one, here on earth," Rick clarified for Morty through a burp.

"Not the pentagon! I really don't want to deal with bureaucrats today," Cas frowned as he began typing into his portal gun. "They're so bratty and childish. And not the cute bratty and childish like me!" Cas commented which made Rick snort. Stepping through the portal, the three were met with the guards inside the Pentagon pointing weapons at them, shouting, "Hold it! Don't move!" Cas held her hands up, the green wisps coming to her fingers.

"Stay back! I have a dangerous girlfriend and a watch that turns people into snakes!" Rick shouted back, holding his watch out.