22. the whirly dirly conspiracy

*alas, we have reached my FAVORITE episode of rick and morty. i've been dying to write and put cas in this episode. also, because of a comment that cas makes in this chapter, i should mention, i will not be writing smut. it makes me uncomfortable and i just don't like writing it. so, if you're hoping for smut between cas and rick; sorry to burst that bubble. anyways, i hope you guys enjoy! this is edited btw.*

The door burst open with a quick blast of green energy, Rick jumping into the room

The door burst open with a quick blast of green energy, Rick jumping into the room. "Jerry, wake the fuck up!" Cas shouted with a wide grin.

"Jerry! Jerry, come on! We gotta go!" Rick exclaimed as he ran over to Jerry, shaking him. "You gotta come with us, Jerry! It's important, Jerry. *Burps* The fate of the galaxy rests on your shoulders. Let's go! Put some pants on." Rick demanded before changing his mind and grabbing Jerry by the ankle to drag him out of bed. Cas quickly covered her eyes at the sight of a naked Jerry, "N-never mind, there's no time for pants, Jerry. I'll make you a pair of pants on the way," Rick rambled before shouting about a Rick, Jerry and Cas adventure.

"I really think we should have made time for pants," Cas argued back. Rick shrugged and began to drag Jerry to the ship, practically throwing him into the back seat before Cas slid into the passenger seat. "Buckle up!" Cas grinned as she buckled the seat belt.

"T-there's no seatbelt back here!" Jerry whined and Cas shrugged.

"Well, then hold on," Cas stated like it was obvious before turning back to face out the windshield as Rick began to start the ship.

An awkward silence filled the ship as it began its way into space, Rick honestly not even sure where to take Jerry on the adventure. Cas sat next to him, glancing over at Rick a few times, as if waiting for him to be the first on to speak up or make Jerry his pants. Rick finally broke the silence, explaining a clearly half-assed lie about where they were taking Jerry. "... Then I thought, 'Hey, what about Jerry? He's - He's good with regular folk.' This is a real situation where- where- where Jerry could really shine. He's a master convincer," Rick lied off the top of his head.

"Rick, I'm not an idiot. I know what this is," Jerry said sadly, looking down.

"Oh. Okay, well, I told Morty, 'Look, parents get divorced. They get sad. He'll be fine.'" Rick began, "But I think he's worried you're gonna, you know..." Rick trailed off, not sure how to word it. Cas held a finger gun up to her temple, pretending to pull the trigger and making a noise with her tongue. "Thank you, Cas. And you know how Morty gets when he's emotional. It impedes mine and Cas' work. So, I told him we'd take you out and give you a win." Cas turned her head slightly, putting her feet on the dash as she flashed Jerry another smile, nodding with Rick's words.