10. a rickle in time

*i edited this to taylor swift so it better be good. also, i took a few creative liberties in this chapter and probably made up some science lmao. plus, i may start adding incorrect quotes between cas and rick, i used them a lot to help develop the dynamic i wanted them to have. anyways enjoy season 2 because there's so much in store for all the characters (especially rick and cas)!*

 anyways enjoy season 2 because there's so much in store for all the characters (especially rick and cas)!*

"Hurry up, Morty. Grandpa's about to unfreeze time," Summer said as she came out side. Morty ran a pet vacuum across Jerry while Cas held the bucket of laundry out with Jerry's shirt in it. "You really should be cleaning from top to bottom," She added and Morty rolled his eyes. The frozen time had been alright for the two of them but as most siblings did, they had their arguments. Most of it seemed to stem from both of them seeking Rick's approval and attention, something Cas was guilty of as well. It was painful six months of neither of them bringing up what happened in the Evil Rick's dimension yet, on top of the tension that was already there before, and Rick not mentioning the fact that Cas drunkenly kissed him twice, even if one of them was just on the cheek. Summer and Morty could feel the awkward tension but said nothing.

"I know how to vacuum mom and dad, Summer. I've been doing it for six months," Morty argued back, snapping Cas out of her thoughts.

"Then you've been doing it wrong for six months," Summer pointed out. "Oh my god, is that mildew?" She exclaimed, pointing towards Jerry.

"It's not my fault we froze time on a humid day," Morty snapped.

"You have dropped so many balls, man. Do you ever get scared Grandpa Rick might make me his new sidekick?" Summer taunted and Cas smiled at the thought. "Hell yeah, girl power, bitch," Cas said and the two girls high-fived and Morty sent Cas a glare, expecting her to take his side of the argument.

"What?! What kind of monsters are you two?" Morty exclaimed and Summer smirked.

"Competent ones," Cas and Summer replied at the same time as Rick came up behind Summer at the door.

"Who cares about the *burp* thing you guys are talking about *burp*. The whole point of freezing time was the stop giving a fuck. Put a shirt on your dumb dad and let's get this dumb universe rolling!" Rick said before turning back inside, pulling the device to unfreeze time out of his lab coat. Cas quickly handed Morty Jerry's shirt before going back inside to hide the laundry basket. "Alright listen, you three. We froze time for a pretty long time so when I unfreeze it, the world's time is gonna be fine but our time is going to need a little time to, you know, stabilize." Rick explained.

"Our time is going to be unstable? What does that even mean?" Morty asked, looking to both the adults in the room for answers.