06. rixty minutes

*this chapter has been edited.
i hope you guys enjoy!*

"Cynthia..."

"Oh my god. No, no, no," Jerry said, gripping the arm of his chair. "I told you!" Summer grinned widely. "Hold on," Beth said but couldn't hide the excited smile on her face.

"...Will you please... not marry me? I choose Veronica!" The man on the TV and both Beth and Jerry cheered while Summer was annoyed and upset at the decision. Cas groaned, throwing her head back to hit Rick's knee. Above her, Rick sat with his legs spread and his elbow on his knee as he rested his head on his hand. He rolled his eyes at his family, looking down at Cas' bored face. Cas was always polite, allowing the rest of them to take the couch as she sat on the floor in front of Rick, which was nothing she didn't like. She'd occasionally lean her head back on his knee or mess with his shoe laces just to annoy him.

"Well, if it's any consolation, Summer, none of it mattered and the entire show was stupid." Rick shrugged, "Even Cas hated it and she's sucker for that shit."

"Oh, trust me, darlin'. I'm not," Cas told him. "I'm just polite."

"Okay, Rick. I have an idea," Jerry proposed. "You show us your concept of good tv and we'll crap all over that." He finished with a smirk, not fully expecting Rick to show anything interesting. Rick stood with no hesitation and Cas slid up to steal his seat, "Thought you'd never ask," He grinned and grabbed the tv box.

Rick pulled the box from its plug and dropped it, pulling something from his coat before bending down at the now broken box. Morty noticed what Rick pulled out and stood to ask, "Oh, cool, is that crystallized xanthanite? It conducts electrons across dimensions," Morty smiled proudly and Cas smiled back. She knew he wasn't totally accurate but it was the little things that counted and it showed Morty at least learned something on the adventures Rick dragged him on.

"20% accurate as usual, Morty," Rick snapped and snatched the remote from his grandson who sat back down on the couch. He slammed the top back on the cable box and stood up, "the important thing being, I just upgraded our cable package with programming from every conceivable reality."

"Wait, does that mean we get Showtime Extreme?" Jerry asked hopefully.

"How about Showtime Extreme in a world where man evolved from corn?" Rick asked and held the remote up to change the channel. As fascinating as it was to Cas, she some how found her thoughts traveling away as Rick kept changing the channels until he landed on a universe with Jerry across from David Letterman. A part of her was in awe and another part was concerned what part of Jerry made him interesting enough for that. Surely, she didn't hate Jerry as much as Rick and actually got along well with Jerry, she just had other issues with him.