17. the wedding squanchers

*get ready for just so much angst in this chapter. this is the sort of dividing chapter but i chose to take away dividing into act's or parts so you can consider every chapter after this as part two. so, uh, take this incorrect quote as brief laugh before it all comes crashing down :). anyways. edited for grammatical errors as usual and enjoy the severe angst.*

"The trick to cereal is keeping 70% above the milk," Jerry commented as he looked down at his bowl of cereal

Cas sipped the dairy free milk from her spoon as she rose an eyebrow at that and looked to Rick who sat next to her, a bored look on his face. Her bowl was filled with rainbow colors cereal that she begrudgingly shared with the rest of the family. Her box of cereal sat in Rick's cabinet with multiple warnings written on it in metallic sharpie telling the rest to stay away from the box. It was her go to breakfast and as Rick said once, she enjoyed the various colors and sugary taste. It was an off-brand cereal from her hometown that she didn't get often in Washington so she tried to eat it sparingly. Unfortunately, she was forced to share today by request of Beth.

"Jerry, get a job," Beth commented bluntly as a knock came to the door.

"Uh, w-why don't you get it, Jerry? You're the man of the house and you don't have a job," Rick said and Cas gave a small chuckle under her breath. Jerry sighed but stood up anyways and went to the door.

He opened the door and a large, floating, pink blob of stuff came through the door saying, "Delivery for Rick and Cassiopeia." Cas paused with a mouthful of her cereal and looked up at it. "Morning, Summer, Beth, and Jerry." It greeted and Cas swallowed her cereal quickly.

"Gross, what is that thing?" Summer asked and dropped her spoon.

"It's a courier flap. It's like the intergalactic version of the U.P.S. but less off putting," Rick explained before reaching his hand into it. Cas' face scrunched up at the noise it made. Rick pulled out a small metal egg from the courier and grinned. "Oh, shiiit! It looks like an egg-vite from BirdPerson. Must be time for his annual Oscar party. By the way, our TV signals take light years to reach his planet. Nobody tell him that Braveheart wins." Rick cracked open the egg and his face dropped as the hologram showed a picture of Tammy and BirdPerson.

"Greetings. This BirdPerson, and Tammy, inviting you to planet Squanch for our mate-melding ceremony-" BirdPerson's voice came through the egg and Rick picked it up quickly, muffling the words. "If you're from Earth, that means we're getting married!" Tammy's muffled voice added as Rick dumped the message into the trash.

"Oh, my god! My friend Tammy's marrying BirdPerson!" Summer cheered.

"What the hell is a BirdPerson?" Jerry asked.