14. big trouble in little sanchez

*i hope you enjoy the (only slightly short) chapter and the incorrect quote! also if you catch the parks and rec reference in this chapter you legally have to tell me. it's the law. anyways you know the drill by now, this is edited for grammatical errors.

Rick watched as Cas practically drowned her pancakes in syrup, sipping from his mug of coffee

Rick watched as Cas practically drowned her pancakes in syrup, sipping from his mug of coffee. She was sitting across from him, next to Summer instead of next to him like she usually did and her love of syrup was something he noticed no matter what breakfast food they ate in the morning. She'd dip her special faux bacon into the syrup and happily eat it like it was the best thing she ever tasted. She'd even drown her hash browns in the sticky syrup despite claiming that being sticky was a huge pet peeve of hers. Rick rose his brow as she finally capped the syrup, "You know, you should try having some pancakes with your syrup, Cassie." Rick commented and Cas glared at him from across the table.

"Syrup is universes gift to this world, darlin'," Cas argued. "That and potatoes!" She smiled as she scooped the syrup covered hash browns into her mouth.

"You really do act your height," Rick snorted and Cas rose a brow at that.

"Excuse me?" Cas turned to face him slightly, "I will not take criticism from the grumpy old man here. I may be short but at least I'm cuter than you." She crosses her arms with a smirk and Rick rose half his brow at the comeback. He went to argue back but was cut off by Jerry, who was still focused more on his tablet than the happenings at the table.

"What's new at school?" The father asked his children with both gave rather nonchalant answers.

"Nothing," The kids said at the same time before Morty continued. "Oh, one of the lunch ladies died. They found her in the gym with, like, two holes in her neck and all the blood drained out of her." He explained and Cas nodded along as if it was a typical conversation for breakfast on a weekday before they went to school.

"Good lord! Who does something like that?" Beth asked, handing Cas the cup of apple juice she requested. Cas happily drank it, earning a smirk from Rick as if taunting her with his previous jab at her height because of the choice of beverage she made. She glared at him as she put her cup down, using her abilities to point her fork at him. "Obviously a vampire. W-where's the pepper?" Rick chimed in as Cas lowered her 'weapon'.

"Wait! What? Vampires are real?!" Summer exclaimed setting her orange juice down.

"Yes, Summer, vampires are real. Who knew? Oh, right, all humanity, for hundreds of years now." Rick said sarcastically and crossed his arms as he leaned back in his seat. "Yeah, Summer, it's a big universe. Get used to it. R-right, Rick?" Morty asked and Cas smiled softly at his attempts to act at least somewhat like his grandfather.