15. the little shop of cas and rick

*so i prewrote a couple of little "one shots" when ever i had writers block on episode based chapters and i wanted to post a few of them but none of them were big enough for a whole chapter or would fit into episode based chapters. during my rewatch of gravity falls, i was inspired by the episode "little gift shop of horrors" with all the short stories this chapter is TOTALLY skippable though i hope you enjoy. as usual, this is edited for grammatical errors.*

SNOWY DAYin which it snows in the small town just outside of seattle and cas can't help but force rick to join her

SNOWY DAY
in which it snows in the small town just outside of seattle and cas can't help but force rick to join her

"Rick! Rick! Rick!"

"I hate you," Rick mumbled as the girl that was previously keeping him warm as she cuddled up to him had left abruptly. So abruptly in fact, Cas didn't notice the fact she almost smacked him in the face. Really it was his fault for choosing to drunkenly join her last night and not put any clothes on after their 'extra curricular activities' as Rick called it.

"But darlin', it's snowing!" Cas pouted as she came up to the window and opened the curtain wider for him to see from her bed. His eyes were barely open but he saw and groaned. Cas had been praying for snow for months now, missing the winters she had back in Gravity Falls that filled the streets with inches of snow, and Rick thought it would never end. A part of him was glad but a part of him also knew she'd drag him outside in the snow and was dreading that.

"And I'm freezing my balls off so..." He trailed off and sat up.

"Since when is that my problem?" Cas asked and Rick rose half his brow at her.

"Didn't have that attitude earlier," He smirked, reaching off the side of the bed to grab his flask from his lab coat that hung on the lamp on the nightstand. Cas scoffed, holding a hand out, green wispy energy pulling the flask straight from his hands. "W-what the fuck, Cas?"

"Get your coat and meet me outside," She bargained, scrunching her nose up a bit in anger. "Then, maybe, I'll give it back."

"W-What are we gonna do? Make fucking snow angels?" He questioned, standing up and pulling his bottoms up.

"Be careful or I'll drink the rest," She jokingly threatened and opened the flask quickly. She held it over her mouth, seeing his glare intensify. "You wouldn't," He mumbled and she tilted it back more for dramatic effect, a drop landing on her tongue. It was childish but a banter that grew between them in scenarios like this was just a common thing now. Cas even noticed the small smile on his face at her dramatics but didn't comment on it. Instead focused on slipping warmer clothes on than her sleeping clothes.